• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Knocking sound.

I don't want to go too big and feel like I really need a bigger turbo. I certainly don't need big injectors, like I said my main object is economy and pairing well with the comp and stock turbo. I guess I just don't want to go to small and be disappointed from where I'm at now with these BD 75hp sticks. Really wish I knew the actual numbers on them and why they are so smokey. 

I would do 100's as they leave you open for more in the future and you can just turn the box down.   There is no need to have the box cranked, but in the future if you do want to go with a he351 or a 62 type turbo you will have enough fuel.  

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

I would do 100's as they leave you open for more in the future and you can just turn the box down.   There is no need to have the box cranked, but in the future if you do want to go with a he351 or a 62 type turbo you will have enough fuel.  

There is a reason to have the box cranked when you have an edge....Gives the best fuel mileage.

Eh, it is what it is. Shouldn't be as much of an issue with clean injectors :-) if I had know what I know now when I was looking for a tuner, I might have considered quad a little more. But I was concerned by what I had read about their past performance. Plus there is something to be said for the comp's reliability and simplicity. I need to do some testing with the comp on higher levels with the wire tap unplugged to see if that improves fuel economy. 

Edited by leathermaneod

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Personally with +50HP injectors you fine with a stock turbo. Larger turbo is just going to increase turbo lag and smoke during launching.I think I remember @Wild and Free running +100 HP injectors with his HX35 turbo back in the day.

Wasn't me, never had an HX35, mine was an 02 auto so was an HY35 for me.  I went with 90HP BD injectors the same time I installed the BD Super B turbo, ran this for a short period and then made the jump to 155 hp BD injectors and the II silver 62 turbo.

• 4 months later...