• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dodge oem lift pusher pump replacement

Is the new pump that goes in the tank good enough for 100 HP Sticks?

Not in my opinion. Spend a little more and put in a FASS (not the DDRP), Airdog, or Raptor these are proven pumps with a great warranty. Something that will push 90GPH or more.
  • Like 1

• Owner

If your just planing on mild upgrade say to about 400-450 HP a 95-100 GPH pump is fine... Beyond that your going to need at least 150-165 GPH pump. As for myself I went for the 150 GPH being that there was only a $20 buck increase for the extra 50 GPH but today most dealers sell both the 100 and 150 pumps for the same price... As for stock anything pump... The only thing there good for is tossing in the trash can... (Sorry to say that...)

As for stock anything pump... The only thing there good for is tossing in the trash can... (Sorry to say that...)

Hey, that's not quite true. I've found that they make a great transfer pump from an auxiliary tank to the main tank when set up with a pre-filter and low pressure light to show when they run the auxiliary tank dry. :thumbup2:

• Owner

Hey, that's not quite true. I've found that they make a great transfer pump from an auxiliary tank to the main tank when set up with a pre-filter and low pressure light to show when they run the auxiliary tank dry. :thumbup2:

Ok... Then I take back my last statement... So they do have a use but a very expensive option... :lmao::cookoo:

Ok... Then I take back my last statement... So they do have a use but a very expensive option... :lmao::cookoo:

Actually, not that expensive if the parts are just laying around anyway. Pump came off the truck when I put on the FASS95. Had the spin on filter with housing left over from another project. Works much better and faster than the gravity transfer it replaced.:thumbup2: I wouldn't buy a new pump for this purpose but would use a functional used one as long as it pushed over 6 psi.

hello buckwheat..unless i missed something..your 01's pump is on the side of the engine.toss that and get a FASS or an airdog product.you and the vp44 and the computer mounted on top of the pump will love it...no joke either.i had an 03 and the first thing i did before any hp upgrades was toss the stock pump installed a hpfp 150 from fass and the difference is night and day.yes sir it will cost but you will be happier...big plus here...you don't have to drop the tank.mount the pusher pump as close to the tank as possible so that it will PUSH the fuel to the fuel filter and the vp44.lots better.:thumbup2: