• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

A fruit of labor

hex0rz

People often say they want to save the bees. They think by doing so they need to be a beekeeper. While they are well intended, becoming a beekeeper to just save bees is the wrong virtue. 

You want to save the bees, don't be a beekeeper to do just that. Instead, stop killing their food! Stop spraying all those things that you call a weed! Everyone is so caught up with manicured lots. That the dandelion or any other pesky plant that peppers their lawn is a curse. Yet they complain about bees dying while they spray roundup.

This picture i provided is from a hive i inspected today. This will be a frame for my consumption. This coincides with knapweed bloom. A noxious weed that even govt agencies despise. While it does pitfalls, for me or means I'm letting my bees collect natural forage instead of supplementing with sugar syrup. 

It's been some time getting to this point. Read em and weep! It's a fulfilling moment to finally see them making more honey again. 

20160805_182045.jpg

• Like 2

• Owner

If you ever bring down hives to my place I've got all natural setting. No weed spray here. Sad but true both neighbors spray weeds. I don't care about weeds so there is dandelions in my yard so what you can aways eat those or make wine. Plenty of flowering berry bushes like raspberry and blackberries. Then all the fruit trees in the spring of the year. I'm highly against the use of any chemical control for plants or weeds. The part I don't want to contaminate my ground water. 

Sad to say but more than likely your ground water comes from far away, it would take a combined effort of everyone to make a difference. It has become a problem where most farmers over do on chemical just to be safe or too lazy to do soil samples to see how much crap they really need. Whatever government is doing to dumb us down must be working, because people are getting dumber and dumber and very little common sense left and values. I'm truly scared for future of my kids, and what they will be dealing with. 

• Like 1

• Owner
1 minute ago, Dieselfuture said:

Sad to say but more than likely your ground water comes from far away, it would take a combined effort of everyone to make a difference.

Actually here in the river bottom just got to drill down to below the river level. I've got a fairly shallow well at 50 foot. 

• Staff

They found not too long ago the defoliant sprays like Round Up and others have one chemical that is far more toxic  because it doesn't break down. Just like the old DDT issue they are finding it in wells, waterways and in the air.

Can't remember the chemical name but they found not only it doesn't break down, but,  the toxicity level of this chemical to be much higher than originally thought.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1