• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

to buy or not to buy.

Killer223

Well the wife found our "unicorn" truck, Mega cab, Manual. and it's even in blue.

it's not as clean as i'd hoped it was for only 58K miles.

has some hail damage, some small body damage. power seats don't work in all positions. just forward and back.

truck runs strong. shifts great. G56.

i know they are asking WAY to much. but it has the options we are after. dual climate control. heated seats and a 6 speed trans.

http://courtesyautosales.net/2006-Dodge-Ram2500/Used-Truck/Cottonwood-AZ/7831623/Details.aspx

It's a single owner truck came from MA to AZ about 6 years ago. some slight rust on unprotected metal, nothing to concerning to me.

i will not be getting rid of my 04. just adding yet another truck to the mix.

Thoughts.

Being that he wants the mega cab I don't think he'd be ok with a 2nd gen....it's a nice looking truck. Low miles may be good or bad, makes me wonder how long it sat without being driven, sometimes that is really bad for a vehicle. Personally I'm scared of all the emission stuff on the newer ones. That also seems like an insane price tag for that. I would check really thoroughly for rust too knowing that it came from Massachusetts. Sometimes you find it in crazy places! I'm sure you know all this already just trying to point out some things that would concern me :-) good luck!

• Staff

I am very cautious after the last recession when the same economic woes are developing again and creeping ever closer to a bigger cliff this time around. 

Buy smart be smart and listen to your inner my Grandma used to say.

Edited by JAG1

it's clean, i HATE the front bumper though. would rather a stock one. i'll as for carfax tomorrow and go from there. it's 2 hr drive. so i'll be later in the week before i can go test drive it.

has two dif tires. driver side has Michelin passenger has bfg trails.

so right off i'll be ordering tires. some 255-80-17's

i looked at it through the fence today. it look nice, no oil leaks, no visible rust from under that i could see at 6-8' away.

the exhaust brake button being worn out worries me that it was a tow pig.

http://azcarandtruckcenter.com/InventoryDetail?id=143567BT

wife found this one and likes it, i hate that it's lifted and a dully and black, but she likes it. so we have to entertain it as an option as well.

http://www.texasdieselstore.com/2011-Ram-3500-SLT---4x4---6-SPEED---MEGA-CAB-Killeen%2C-TX-76541/5939334

Edited by Killer223