• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2000 Manual to auto swap

Decided I got tired of shifting gears sold my manual setup and bought a auto setup. My truck is a 2000 bought everything from a late 99 truck. Got everything in and I am having issues. The truck will not shift on its own I have to do it manually, the OD off light stays on and won't let me change it along with the trans temp light goes off a couple of seconds after I start it and my trans temp shows 260 degrees on a cold start. I have a no bus communication about 20 seconds after start up. All of my gauges work fine without issues.  I changed the PCM and wiring harness to trans with the 99 truck. Still have my manal ecm.  I need all of the help I can get here anyone please chime in with what I need to do next! Thanks for everyone's time 

Edited by Dirtydieselhead
My spelling sucks!

I'm not a pro in this area, but first thing that comes to mind is ECM flash? I would imagine the '00 to '99 swap makes things more compatible across the board but seems like this may be just an ECM flash issue. Hopefully someone else chimes in with more knowledge in this area.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Thanks for the response. Do I need a new ecm what's the best way to do that. Trucks in my garage and dealer is 45 minutes away. i also might add I have a couple of codes 2 of the p1693/ p0230/p1492 every time I clear them they come back right away.  Are the electronics inside trans and pcms different 98.5-99 verses 2000-02v?

• 2 weeks later...