• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Control arm bushings

That's why I did my passenger side. I wanted all the caster I could get. I really don't get those front lower bolts. The rear ones literally come right out, the front ones won't budge. Hopefully your stealership is better than mine, I paid $28 for the bolt, washers, and nut....I did get my caster maxed out though and it did help a little with return to center. Nothing amazing though.

52 minutes ago, leathermaneod said:

That's why I did my passenger side. I wanted all the caster I could get. I really don't get those front lower bolts. The rear ones literally come right out, the front ones won't budge. Hopefully your stealership is better than mine, I paid $28 for the bolt, washers, and nut....I did get my caster maxed out though and it did help a little with return to center. Nothing amazing though.

I dont by much thru the dealer unless I have to have it quick. Not always possible on a 15 year old truck though. The bolts can be had thru few other places from near what you paid on down. Not sure how they compare with the dealer part.

Yes, lower arms as long as possible to make the ball joints lean back (positive caster). No you shouldn't need to lossen all bolts on all arms, but you will need to jack up by the frame and let the front suspension hang in order to take all the pressure off. I just loosened the front and rear bolts on the lower arms, then got the truck as high as I could with jack stands under the frame. Then I jacked up the axle enough to remove both front wheels, then let the axle all the way down. :-) hope this helps :-)