• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hey Mike , wanted to ask your opinion on something, I had send you this link last month http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-powertrain/260716-vp44-electronic-fix.html . So I did it on my second truck that I have been working on because I was getting dead pedal and the code P0216 so I gave it a try and now I have been trying to turn the truck on and it wont start. This is what I have done so far : I loosen the banjo bolt on the vp and fuel did came out from there with a lot of pressure ,then I loosen injector line 3,4 and 5 and I am only getting fuel on injectors 4 and 5 ,on 4 is were it comes out the most and on 5 it only drips . Could I have messed up the pump ? I tried it because I knew that it was going to fail sooner or later so I took the chance . What should I do ?

• Owner

You should be seeing fuel from all the line opened... This sound like a broken rotor shaft being its pumping more on 1 cylinder than the other... But I know you physically didn't break it... Did you double check all your connections and solder joints that they are good??? Are you seeing any error codes??? You might be looking at a new VP44... Sorry...

• Like 1

Mike I think it's gone bud I rechecked all the connections and they are good and thigt and I did used the wire you mention so I think is dead . Either wayi was going to die anyways right so I think in one way it was better itwent this way other wise it was going to leave me stranded out on the road.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys so I finally got this project truck turn on . I got a rebuild pump from a local diesel store at an average price with a one year warranty so I am good now . But there's something I noticed this pump looks very similar to the one I bought last year for my 2000 dodge ram from blue chip for way more money almost double . The owner of this store didn't told me were he gets them but he did told me something that go me thinking ,he said that his store specialized in selling machines for testing pumps and other diesel equipment and also most of the replacements needed for rebuilding a vp44 pump and other kind of rotary pumps . He said that he purchased the vp44 pumps from one of his clients so maybe that client could be blue chip or may be not o well just a tought.

Ok guys so I finally got this project truck turn on . I got a rebuild pump from a local diesel store at an average price with a one year warranty so I am good now . But there's something I noticed this pump looks very similar to the one I bought last year for my 2000 dodge ram from blue chip for way more money almost double . The owner of this store didn't told me were he gets them but he did told me something that go me thinking ,he said that his store specialized in selling machines for testing pumps and other diesel equipment and also most of the replacements needed for rebuilding a vp44 pump and other kind of rotary pumps . He said that he purchased the vp44 pumps from one of his clients so maybe that client could be blue chip or may be not o well just a tought.

Your blue chip vp only worked for one year? That stinks.I need a pump and was thinking about going with blue chip.

Dually sorry if I confused you , I got to trucks a 2001 that I bought as a project and a 2000 that is the one I drive around I bought it last year in february and the pump went out last summer so I got one from Mr. Chip (bluechip) and its been working fine I was just saying that the one that I bought over here at a local shop for the 2001 looks very similar same paint and packing letters on top and all. This pump I got from this shop has a one year warranty if you need one I can set you up with this guys, they got them priced at $1,000 shipping free.

Dually sorry if I confused you , I got to trucks a 2001 that I bought as a project and a 2000 that is the one I drive around I bought it last year in february and the pump went out last summer so I got one from Mr. Chip (bluechip) and its been working fine I was just saying that the one that I bought over here at a local shop for the 2001 looks very similar same paint and packing letters on top and all. This pump I got from this shop has a one year warranty if you need one I can set you up with this guys, they got them priced at $1,000 shipping free.

O.K. i get it now. I was thinking about Mr.Chip.The problem is who do you trust?I have spent a lot of time on the phone with Chip.He seems like a smart man not out to screw anyone.What he is doing to the pumps that the others are not ,i dont know.He is doing some research with some contraption that will make the pumps last longer.So he is a big player.Lots of people have his pumps.I hope i will be one soon.