• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla V2 Custom Tunes

Me78569

Whats your warmup temp sent to?  

After 50 mph an addition 1* of timing gets tacked on to your light throttle timing to help support mpg.   

Timing above 2000 is going ot ramp up very quickly with your curve being 22* at 2500 and 17 at 2k  it is going ot increase by 5* in those 500 rpm.  

I think this is why you are seeing the timing above 19* in the 2k region.   Overall I am not worried about the timing as when you put your foot into it the timing drops a lot.

are you seeing any drivablity issues or just confused at to why timing is near 19* at 2k?

I am having no drivability issues what so ever. Just was trying to keep my cruise timing in the 17.5 to 18.5 degree range as stated in the v2 in depth tuning. Just trying to make a good safe tune to run everyday with decent mpg. Once it's tweeked to my liking I'll start on a safe tow tune. 

Any idea as to why my boost tops at 27 psi? Can you see that in the data log? Do I need more timing on the top?

Edited by KMayborn

I would leave it in terms of timing.  the documentation is erroring on the VERY safe side, the timing isn't gonna blow anything up provided that it pulls once you get on the throttle.   If you want you can pull .5* from the 2k setting.  

I would run this

fuel load timing:2

Low psi timing reduct: 1.5

Timing reduct scaling :100%

light throttle timing adv: 1

light throttle timing limit: 35%

1500:16

2000:17.5

2500:22

3000:26 

max: 28

As for boost have you done a boost leak test?  you can do things to throw more fuel at it if need be, but I want to make sure we cover the bases.

@Maybornk

Looking through your logs I dont see TPS input great than ~%40 so I can't comment much on the psi only being 27 max.   Ensure you are going WOT.  

Edited by Me78569

I’m still waiting to update my tuner. I’m waiting on a cable to come in the mail. So I’m on the v1. I don’t want to blow my head gasket or mess up anything else. I’m still unsure of the timing and the fuel stretch.  Besides and airdog 150 and cold air intake. I have a stock 2nd gen and stock transmission. Can you show me some tunes that would be good for me? I want some decent/ good MPG. But like to have a little smoke, I don’t mind that. Any help would be great. I am still new to all of this.  Thank you for your help. 

5 minutes ago, Fireman_51 said:

I’m still waiting to update my tuner. I’m waiting on a cable to come in the mail. So I’m on the v1. I don’t want to blow my head gasket or mess up anything else. I’m still unsure of the timing and the fuel stretch.  Besides and airdog 150 and cold air intake. I have a stock 2nd gen and stock transmission. Can you show me some tunes that would be good for me? I want some decent/ good MPG. But like to have a little smoke, I don’t mind that. Any help would be great. I am still new to all of this.  Thank you for your help. 

Try this

Timing = 5
Fuel Stretch = 2000
TPS MIN = 0 (both can and pump_
TPS MAX CAN = 100
TPS MAX Pump = 70
Boost Scaling = 25

that should go pretty good.

12 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I would leave it in terms of timing.  the documentation is erroring on the VERY safe side, the timing isn't gonna blow anything up provided that it pulls once you get on the throttle.   If you want you can pull .5* from the 2k setting.  

I would run this

As for boost have you done a boost leak test?  you can do things to throw more fuel at it if need be, but I want to make sure we cover the bases.

@Maybornk

Looking through your logs I dont see TPS input great than ~%40 so I can't comment much on the psi only being 27 max.   Ensure you are going WOT.  

it must not have data logged. 

I will try the new timing you suggested. Since my timing at 2k is  safe I will leave it at 18. 

I was just researching a boost leak tester. I will gather all the parts and see what I come back with. I will also make a few WOT runs and make sure I get them data logged. 

Oh and I do not have my warmup temp set. Any suggestions?  Also what makes you ask? Just curious. Lol

7 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Cool,

Do a good hard 0- 60 run and a good hard highway speed pull.  

Will do. What should I run it up to on the highway speed pull? Just max boost?

Edited by KMayborn

14 minutes ago, Maybornk said:

Oh and I do not have my warmup temp set. Any suggestions?  Also what makes you ask? Just curious. Lol

Will do. What should I run it up to on the highway speed pull? Just max boost?

The warm up mode is debatable, but a good place to start would be at or around 140.  Really I would suggest that you do not do any dogging on your truck until you've seen the thermostat open.  Once you're up to operating temp you should be good to go.  That's my opinion and it's served me well for the last 250k and trust me I beat on my truck quite frequently.

I would run it up through the gears and maybe even into lock up (assuming you have an auto) just to see how it responds as you're accelerating.  Goal is to squeeze the most power out of your tune while being able to keep it clean.  @Me78569 and I have been working on a tool that should make this whole process easier.  Hopefully we can have it up and available here soon for the community to benefit from.

6 minutes ago, Carbur8tr said:

The warm up mode is debatable, but a good place to start would be at or around 140.  Really I would suggest that you do not do any dogging on your truck until you've seen the thermostat open.  Once you're up to operating temp you should be good to go.  That's my opinion and it's served me well for the last 250k and trust me I beat on my truck quite frequently.

I would run it up through the gears and maybe even into lock up (assuming you have an auto) just to see how it responds as you're accelerating.  Goal is to squeeze the most power out of your tune while being able to keep it clean.  @Me78569 and I have been working on a tool that should make this whole process easier.  Hopefully we can have it up and available here soon for the community to benefit from.

I gotcha. I normally fire my truck up and let it run for a few minutes in the am before I leave. Sometimes as long as 20 when I'm loading my truck with what I'll need for the day. 

I have a 6spd so I'll row thru the gears and see what we come up with. 

Thanks for for all the help @Me78569 hopefully we will get this heavy pig moving pretty good. Lol

@Carbur8tr I think this stuff is pretty easy to use it's just knowing what's safe or not is the issue for me. I don't have a lot of tuning experience at all but I'm very mechanically minded. I'm the kind of person who wants to know what kind of changes we are making and why we want to make them. Some people get annoyed with my questions but you guys are awesome. It must get confusing with all the different setups people are running. I get confused just trying to keep up with the threads. Lol

keep up the good work guys. Looking forward to become a valuable member of this community. 

Honestly it is pretty hard to hurt a vp44 truck with tuning.  

As long as you are dropping timing into the 14-16* range when under 2k at heavy throttle, you are ok.  

When in warmup mode the Quadzilla is using OEM timing, so I wanted to make sure the logs I was looking as was Quadzilla not OEM. Anything under 120*f ect will use OEM timing as well.  

OEM timing will be very high when cold as well.

4 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Honestly it is pretty hard to hurt a vp44 truck with tuning.  

As long as you are dropping timing into the 14-16* range when under 2k at heavy throttle, you are ok.  

When in warmup mode the Quadzilla is using OEM timing, so I wanted to make sure the logs I was looking as was Quadzilla not OEM. Anything under 120*f ect will use OEM timing as well.  

OEM timing will be very high when cold as well.

Gotcha. I will keep that in mind for future reference. 

I think you either have a bad map sensor or your wastegate is opening randomly.  you are hitting 40 psi of boost but only for a few seconds then it comes back down to 26 psi. 

I am gonna guess wastegate issues, note how boost jumps 3 times in the log

Capture.PNG