• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1690 ecm-pcm disagreement help.....

Hello and thank you in advance for any help in this matter. 

I have a 99 2500 Ram 4wd At SLT Laramie 

24v 

my vp44 died so I bought a complete 02 motor with a thrown rod. 

I put put on my 99 motor the vp44, complete harness and sensors all of them from new motor , ecm , and the fuel filter can ( newer ones nicer) pulled the cam gear off 99 and installed the 02 cam gear with the grid ring  , I left the crank sensor in the hole in block ( no plug for it on new harness of course )

im still using my 99 pcm ,my tach works 

everything actually seems to working fine. Except the motor is running like a dog and has a idle surge from 800-1200 rpm iratically 

runs and drives like it's in limp mode 

hooked the modis up reading as a 02 truck ,and I  get a 1690 code injection pump ckp and ecm ckp disagree  

The intake grid heater is deleted is why the other 2 codes 

50034960375__8CC2E6F1-3C0E-412E-A6BD-C098E7DB684B.MOV

Both injection pumps are SO

i changed the front cover , and cam gear , sensor , harness, all sensors out with the 02 stuff.  It seems that the pcm is having a issue not reading the crank sensor , I'm trying to get the guy to mail me the pcm from the 02 now to see if that will straighten it up.  Has anybody flashed one of these pcm's from 99 -02 ? And has anybody done what I'm trying to do before with good results?