• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

@TFaoro, I agree with you on the intake, I am waiting for parts to put my big cone on near the stock location, there's no support bracket for this setup, the fabricator told me he makes them for the next size turbo (S475) and up. 

Yes he he sent a K&N with the kit

I have the the quad set to defuel at 40 psi boost, and it gets there quickly!

Arp studs are on my Christmas list, what springs you guys recommend?

5 hours ago, xxTJRocksxx said:

@TFaoro, I agree with you on the intake, I am waiting for parts to put my big cone on near the stock location, there's no support bracket for this setup, the fabricator told me he makes them for the next size turbo (S475) and up. 

Yes he he sent a K&N with the kit

I have the the quad set to defuel at 40 psi boost, and it gets there quickly!

Arp studs are on my Christmas list, what springs you guys recommend?

Hmm... not sure I would trust a 50+lb turbo hanging off the back of another. Are you using the stock manifold?

K&N = :spank: 

I wouldn't rely solely on the defuel settings to hold the boost back. Under stock fueling it still might pull past 40.

Anything cheap around 100lbs. Shouldn't need anything specific if you aren't running a high lift cam. 

1 hour ago, TFaoro said:

Hmm... not sure I would trust a 50+lb turbo hanging off the back of another. Are you using the stock manifold?

K&N = :spank: 

I wouldn't rely solely on the defuel settings to hold the boost back. Under stock fueling it still might pull past 40.

Anything cheap around 100lbs. Shouldn't need anything specific if you aren't running a high lift cam. 

The turbo is an S366, I weighed both turbo's with the hot pipe bolted up and it came in at 35lbs. Yes stock manifold inverted, and I agree with you, but that's all I got besides my foot and the factory waste gate until springs and studs come in.

4 hours ago, xxTJRocksxx said:

The turbo is an S366, I weighed both turbo's with the hot pipe bolted up and it came in at 35lbs. Yes stock manifold inverted, and I agree with you, but that's all I got besides my foot and the factory waste gate until springs and studs come in.

There is no possible way both turbos and the hot pipe only weigh 35lbs. 

The HX alone is over 25lbs by itself. I've shipped two of them, and including the boxes they were closer to 35lbs. The 66 is likely around the same weight as the hx considering it is larger, but does not have wastegate components / casting. 

If you consider an s475 you're talking about 52lbs hanging off the back. I'd be worried about cracks / bending in the hot pipe, and cracking the stock manifold since they are fairly common to crack under stock weight. 

You could easily make a bracket to mount to the drain on the turbo and support it off some of the manifold bolts. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2016 at 2:27 PM, Wild and Free said:

With his 4.10 gears it shoul

On 11/13/2016 at 0:56 PM, Wild and Free said:

Having run both the BD super B with 90 hp injectors and edge comp and then running an II Silver 62 with 155 hp injectors and an HRVP44 with hot unlocked comp with an auto and 3.54 gears if I shifted it manually to keep the rpms up a bit higher as would be the case running lower gears then the power would come on a ton sooner versus running it in automatic it would dog and spool a lot slower and smoke a lot more if the rpms were not as high to start with.

I can light my 63 b4 1500 Rpms I got 20± by 1800 ish depends on tune and fuel settings I normally don't see over 15lbs and it's a pretty interesting watching my truck run I'm still getting used to this turbo it still surprises me from time to time first night I had it in drive on edge 3 fuel and romped on it i remember seeing 40+ boost and never hit 1350 get and pulled hard this truck likes to be driven hard not babyed around like I tend to I normally use less then 35 precent throttle in tune 1/5 fuel or 4/1