• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High Idle Articles Missing?

It's getting cold again, so I went to look up mopar1973man's articles on how to fool the truck into high idle, but they all seem to be missing. All I can find is a paste of information from here: http://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9l-24v-performance/80019-manual-3-cyl-high-idle.html I understand there's a kit being sold now, but if that's the reason it's vanished that's pretty disappointing. The cummins crowd seems to love DIY when you can, and to have a good reference removed is a real loss.

In order to keep the site running we have to pay bills.  We put significant hours into developing the Mopar1973man high idle switch in the store.  The main source of income for keeping the site going is via the high idle switches.  So you can see that it is a double edged sword, if we publish the DIY directions to do it, then we can't operate the site and the article dissappears anyways, a long with the rest of the articles we have.  So we made the choice to sell the unit and therefor removed the DIY directions.

• Like 1

Yeah, I see the reasoning, and I'd love to support mopar1973man by buying a kit from the store, but it's out of budget for me so I went looking for ideas. The other thing is information is like pandora's box, once out there it's very hard to contain again.

The info is out there and that's fine.  We just can't shoot ourselves in the foot otherwise the site will not be around.

Keep in mind that the switch doesn't enable the high idle function of the ecm.  The truck will high idle on its own if it is enabled by the dealer.

Thanks for your understanding Beren.  Luthien appreciates it, I am sure. 

Like mentioned above, the information is out there.  However, unless you really want to do a bunch of work splicing or tracking down OEM connectors and the other components, it really isn't worth it to DIY.  The sales of the switch keep the lights on here... and I am 99% sure that without the switch sales this site, all articles, and downloads would have been taken down by now.  

• Like 1