• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Switching to power seats

Is there any reason I couldn't/shouldn't switch out my manual seats to power?  Need to replace mine and all I've found is electric. Any chance the plug under the seat provides power?  I know I'll have to put in a realy/fuse in fuse box, but is there anything else?

• Owner

Look under the carpet for the plug for the power seat see if its even there. If not you'll have to change out the cab harness to add the feature. I know the fuse panel in the dash would require a circuit breaker for the power seats.

Personally I would avoid the power seat function. So far every vehicle I've owned has had the power seat motors fail at one point or another and very expensive to get replacement motors. Even all the trucks I've worked on about 75-85% of the power seat truck have failed motors most like the forward to backwards. Even my current 1996 Dodge Ram has a failed motor in the power seats (gear broke).

Edited by Mopar1973Man