• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

On a tight budget - Power Puck Question

Sorry, Newbie here. Unfortunately, as a farmer, I have very limited play money, I can't afford a $4-600 programmer, however I was recently able to swing a Diablo Sport Power-Puck. Everything I've read suggested that it is the best bang for the buck. As advertised, it made a definite improvement, but there is still a definite turbo lag. I know, that's the nature of the beast. I was wondering what effect a boost fooler and/or Boost elbow would have combined with the power puck. Does the Puck already do boost fooling, or would it help or hinder. Also where would the fooler go, between the MAPP sensor and the Puck, or between the Puck and the stock harness? Any help would be appreciated.

Does it connect to the MAP sensor with a T connector or not?If it tees into the map sensor harness then it does the boost fooling if not then you probably have no boost fooling with it. This is my opinion as I am not up on the diablo but thet is how the boost fooling is done on the second gen 24 valves.

DON'T run the boost elbow without a way to fool boost. i found out the hard way as i was pulling a car hauler uphill on the highway on ramp. 4th gear had nothing and i wasn't picking up speed with cars zipping by on a 70mph highway! :banghead: they were honking at me and using swear words:stuned:

Parts all arrived and finally got time to install them all. Put the gauge in first, I added it to the 3/4" Port on the intake manifold, just in front of the MAPP Sensor. Is this an accurate location, or do most people drill the intake horn? I was getting about 23 psi, with only the Puck installed. Added the Fooler between the MAPP sensor and the Puck harness and the boost elbow. I still wonder if you want to fool the Puck. The Puck is a performance module, and I can't help thinking it might perform better if it was getting actual boost readings. As it is, I'm now maxing out at about 31 psi. I can definitely feel and hear the difference. Although the different sound may also be the small bleed hole in the elbow blowing off.

• Owner

Nope sound correct and good... The sound you might be hearing is a mild form of turbo bark as you winding up tight and getting high boost and dump you foot out of the throttle the turbo starts spining down rapidily and the compressed air tries to excape back out the turbo. As for boost pressure soon good too 31 PSI I'm pulling 34 PSI with my Edge comp...

From my experience the boost pressure tends to vary depending upon the weight of the truck or what it may be pulling. My truck empty will max around 31-32 psi. When I had the 110 gallon fuel tank and other junk in the bed, it would max out around 36 psi.