• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Airtex pump to Airdog FRRP help!

Replacing the Airtex with an FRRP 100.  The Airtex pump does away with the factory line that has a banjo type setup and just uses the quick connect fitting.  I need this line for my FRRP to work but it is expensive....are there any cheaper alternatives?  Assuming the P.O. just threw it out with the factory pump.  I wish Airdog did the same as Airtex and did away with the banjo setup.  Part number 8 in the photo....the line that has the support bracket on it.

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 3.52.17 PM.png

23 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Call Eric at Vulcan Performance he'll have the fitting your looking for. Won't be the same but I'm sure he'll have something.

Eric was very helpful.  He came up with a solution with a couple different adapter fittings and some fuel line.  But I'm just going to order his frame relocation kit and mount it to the frame.  He said the only hard step is getting the factory fuel line off of the tank.  People are prone to breaking something on the push lock fitting if I understood him correctly?  Anyway...this will be the easiest way to go I'm sure....plus easier to get at if it needs to be replaced.    

• Owner
11 minutes ago, sooxies said:

He said the only hard step is getting the factory fuel line off of the tank.  People are prone to breaking something on the push lock fitting if I understood him correctly?

Easy way. Empty or nearly empty fuel tank. Grab two cam buckle straps. Strap the tank in place. Remove the two band holding the tank. Ease the tank down enough so you can knock the collar loose with a blunt square stock and hammer. Unscrew the collar allow the sender to stand up. Continue to lower the tank and then you'll have all the room in the world to properly squeeze the release tabs. 

This works well. I've had truck where the tabs are between the tube and the tank body impossible to squeeze and release. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2