• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ft Robinson campground

• Staff

Are you talking about the Soldier Creek & Red Cloud Camp grounds?   When going to an unfamiliar camp ground I pull up the site map along with Google Earth.  On Google Earth I check out the sites an see what trees are near by and with the map orientated north you can see the shadows that are cast and what time of day the picture was taken.  With this info I go to the site map, find the site, pull up the particulars and see if it's available. 

Using Google Earth you can see that a lot of the Soldier Creek camp sites have shade but not all.  June is the time of the summer solstice so The sun will be straight up at noon with no large amounts of shade.  There are several sites with a good amount of shade so pull up the maps and take your best shot. 

I also read the reviews seeing what they have to say knowing if it has one or two poor comments and the rest are fair or better then the poor ones were written by someone with their shorts in a bunch that day and are disregarded.

• Like 2

Never been there but when I try to check out a campground I usually start with  rv park reviews. Many times someone leaving a review will post something.  Not that info is 100% accurate, but many times you can get a "feel" for it.  Sometimes you can google the name of campground in pic mode and see some pics that will lead you to blogs or other info. Also not unusual for me to call. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=fort+robinson+state+park&biw=1301&bih=589&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiGkr2Ow67SAhVQ62MKHa_HDlEQ_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=camping+%26+fort+robinson+state+park&*

http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/nebraska/crawford/fort-robinson-state-park

Edited by 015point9