• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What to Watch for on Windshield Replacement

• Staff

Each time I've had a windshield replaced I've had leaks so is there anything I should watch out for with these glass shops? Perhaps go to a body shop instead? This break happened on my nice 90,000 mile second gen. It's a nice clean truck well maintained so I want it done right. Are there ways to do the job better on a second gen that I should know about? What to ask etc.?

Just a heads up.  There are some (lack of better term) plastic nuts on top of the plastic grill thing between the hood and windshield.  Who ever does your work,  show them that they are all on there.  And if they break any,  or don't put them back... they will get paid when those plastic things are re-stalled.   Was a big hassle to replace those things , at least for me.

• Staff

Thank you, I will watch for that. Wonder how the electronic dimming mirror gets hooked up, most likely a simple connection on top of the glass

.Better if I test to see if working before I get the work done. I drive it so few times I don't know.