• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need Cam grinding shop recommendations?

Wild and Free

Here is my issue, am re-powering a Kubota tractor with a newer bigger engine from a different application, problem is the engine I am putting in is a direct injection engine and parts i need for my application are rare and i can't find what I need used and new parts are really expensive. 

I need a different fuel injection pump cam and the ones i have sourced are from Indirect injection engines of the same size but the cam lobes are a bit larger diameter on the IDI engines than on mine and i am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a cam regrind shop that will do custom work?

I can send in one of the larger diameter sourced cams and send in mine for the pattern to copy. For reference The used cam cost me 65 bucks and a new cam is 550 bucks.

Edited by Wild and Free

Ive been reading your thread over on the ott site, :(, if it aint one thing its another, So you dont have any local machine shops that are set up for it ? I'm sure you could find one in the Denver area, maybe one of the other forum members closer than I am could help out. here"s one link I found in the greater Denver area. 

www.bandmachineshop.com

Or there is a guy here locally Ive dealt with over the years, He is an old school machinist and quite good at what he does,I dont know if he is set up for cam grinding or not but give him a call and he will let you know. I will enclose his web page  Frontier Machine.htm

if the link dont open call Dart 970-882-4662

Edited by 01cummins4ever

Doing some searches I found a couple shops in Washington that specialize in custom cam rebuilding and grinding will give them a call today.

Yeah its been a headache, wish I would have bought the used engine i found from a mower that was an IDI I would have been done by now lol. I have everything else done so thisis the last hurdle.....................I hope.:ahhh: