• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

100hp 7x.009 injectors EXHAUST POP?

Do not have time to read all of this yet but in my experience popping is generally from an air leak on the high pressure side (normally a loose line) or too much timing from an electronic power adder. 

On 3/18/2017 at 2:22 PM, Cronus577 said:

And did your replacement ECM get flashed with a 235hp tune or a 245hp tune? I've read some articles that a SO truck doesn't like the 245hp tune

If this had happened he would have a HUGE host of other issues besides the rough idle.

Okay so I'm in the process of Re-installing the injectors and I pull out connector tube number 6 to find that the oring is busted.Would this cause my issue?

So I know I atleast need a new o-ring now. I guess Il pull the injectors out and check them out to see if I can see any damage to them.

17 minutes ago, Waydin_Stewart said:

Okay so I'm in the process of Re-installing the injectors and I pull out connector tube number 6 to find that the oring is busted.Would this cause my issue?

So I know I atleast need a new o-ring now. I guess Il pull the injectors out and check them out to see if I can see any damage to them.

That could very well be the source of the problem since all of it happened after the injector install. A local Cummins dealer should have them in stock, or you can order them. Home Depot, Orileys, auto zone might also have the right size for a temp fix, but I heard the rubber is too soft. 

• Like 1

Chris at DFI will be sending me a new set of O-rings. When he sent the connector tubes they didnt come with new ones so I re-used old ones that were only maybe 1.5 months old if that as I just rebuilt the stock injectors recently and decided to go bigger. He asked me if they had O-rings and I told him I reused the old ones. He just texted and said he would send out a set of o-rings to see if that fixes the problem. Wish me luck!

Make sure you lubricate the o-rings before putting them back in. Don't use a petroleum base lube like Vaseline because it'll cause the o-ring to swell and it might make it harder to pull out the next time. And use a crows foot 19MM with a torque wrench to get it torqued down properly, you don't want to crack the flare on the end of the tube. Should be 30ft lbs.

1 hour ago, Cronus577 said:

Make sure you lubricate the o-rings before putting them back in. Don't use a petroleum base lube like Vaseline because it'll cause the o-ring to swell and it might make it harder to pull out the next time. And use a crows foot 19MM with a torque wrench to get it torqued down properly, you don't want to crack the flare on the end of the tube. Should be 30ft lbs.

I use the oil in the top of the head to lubricate them. The oil is new I changed it maybe 500 miles ago. It is just now starting to turn a very slight tint of black. I took all the injectors out to make sure there wasn't any damage to them and noticed on cylinders I believe it was 3 and 4 or maybe 4 and 5 that there was quite a bit of buildup on the tip. The others didn't have this much buildup. Is this normal?

If its lack of boost I'll have that solved today after the turbo elbow and boost fooler. They are brand new injectors so i would think they would have spray issues haha. I guess i could soak the tips in camp fuel to clean the stuff off and make sure nothing is in the tip.

Okay! So I got the connector tube o-rings in and it solved the hard start and exhaust pop...to an extent. At low RPMs it still pops just a tiny bit I'm adjusting the valves Monday or Tuesday maybe that will fix it. BUT! I just discovered only 1 of my batteries is working? All grounds seem fine and the batteries were purchased same day and installed same day. The passenger side will not spark if I just grace the battery post So I know it has to be a ground for that one but I have no clue where to begin troubleshooting form. I tightened all grounds coming from passenger battery down but still didn't spark on contact.