• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No vehicle speed on IQuad

Hmmm, ok so maybe I was getting lockup before but because i dont have a VSS and only my transmission speed sensor it's not doing any calculating.  My current gear on the iquad always say L too. I'm assuming that since i'm not exactly stock on my setup i'm not going to have a lot of the information the iquad gives.

• Owner
18 hours ago, martinique78 said:

Good news is I was able to tap off the ford vss signal and tie it into the wire that use to go to the dodge abs unit and now I have vehicle speed on the iQuad and it's spot on with the ford speedo and my gps unit.  Now lockup and gear info is working.  Also my indicators seem to be correlating with shifts and even lockup now that I switched the ground feed on the brake pedal switch.  Happy days!

Would you be willing to document out the wiring and everything you did to make this work I'm sure there is others out there that would like to be able to do this.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 2:16 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Would you be willing to document out the wiring and everything you did to make this work I'm sure there is others out there that would like to be able to do this.

Sure!

Ford has many points on the vehicle to pull vehicle speed from.  Ford uses a tone wheel on the rear diff to run the speedo, cruise control, and ABS.  I found the easiest point for me to grab a VSS was at the cruise control module.  It's a Grey/Black wire.  I simple tapped a wire onto that wire and tied it into the White/Orange Pin 27 on the C1 plug on the PCM.  Once that was done I has VSS on my iQuad display.  Luckily my gearing and tire size allowed it to be dead on as far as speed.  It's actually more accurate to my GPS by 2 mph compared to my dash speedo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1