• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla 4k

Dliv43

Okay can someone please help, truck starts cracking and popping like crazy at WOT on any level above 4 can someone please say why? I've read all the v2 tuning files and can't get it straightened out, my supporting mods are big KY single disk, 100hp injectors, fass 150, full 4 inch exhaust.

What tune is loaded on the 4K? V2 tuning or older tunes?  What are your custom tuning settings?

Why do you have a 4K box without supporting mods like springs, rods, and studs?  that's asking for trouble.

I'm pretty sure it's the v2 tuning, I bought it brand new maybe a month ago tops, and sorry I forgot to put I do have arp425 studs, I this Friday my springs and pushrods will be ordered. How do I know if its a v2 or older file? Kinda new to the whole quadzilla stuff all I've ever had before this truck is a common rail and it was EFI live. 

The beta release for 4k was 2 days ago so you don't have v2 tuning.

the old 4k tunes are not smooth...they are a race only tuner.   I would NEVER recommend the 4k box if the truck touches the street. 

load the beta 4k tune if you like, it's hosted in this section.   it's much smoother, but still a race type box.  If you want smooth power you should get a standard ADR

Honestly the 4k box is the wrong tuner for your application.  

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

Yes I noticed that it is a very aggressive programmer, the truck is a weekend warrior that gets hooked to the sled and taken to the track for fun nothing to fancy lol. I love how hard it fuels up, how do I get my box compatible with the V2 tuning? Quadzilla really does unlock the beast in a 2nd gen that's for sure!!

• Like 1