• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Is it a vp44 issue or an injector issue?

• Owner
11 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

So idling truck for more then few minutes is not good at what rpm is oil pressure sufficient to keep things lubed up. 

Up north Cummins engines are idled for many hours in the subzero temperatures. Basically the oil pressure low limits are 10 PSI at idle and 30 PSI at 2,000 RPM's. 

Well I never found the piece of the pushrod. I put a new pushrod and rocker on, changed the oil and put about 70 miles on it. Runs mostly fine, I haven't been mean to it or drove it hard yet. It still has the bounce when I put in the clutch but no miss anymore so one problem solved

• Like 2

I called bluechip and chatted for awhile. That man seems to really know his stuff.

I hotwired the vp and it started and idles. So for now I'm ruling out the injection pump 

Doug at bluechip is leaning more toward a throw out bearing or bad pressure plate in the clutch as the cause of the rpm bounce. Since it only bounces when the clutch is in. 

Another cause may be the larger injector. 

Im going to take it for a long drive and see how it acts when it's hot and go from there. Thanks for all the great information everyone