• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

VP44 PSG5 limitations read/write

the vehicle profile version number does not need to match the flash version number.  The public profile is the 2.5 v2 1998-2002. 

Have you tried to run any of the custom tunes we have posted for download?

https://mopar1973man.com/forum/185-standard-quadzilla-adrenaline-tunes/

I wouldn;t base a tune off of free revving either.  

I never dropped the truck in drive, it was like something was wrong. I need to try your tunes bad, that is first thing in the agenda.

Do I flash your tunes to the module? Are they different all together from 2.7 or are they based off 2.5? I assume they are just "tunes" that will run under v2.7. I don't need a guide to figure out how they go on, but I doubt they get flashed like v2.7 did to the unit. Am I wrong?

I'm still unloading the trailer. I was 22 or 23k gross with a 28' enclosed and my last fill up was 257mi used 18.87 gal which comes to 13.3 mpg. Driving 55mph on third gen 17s at roughly 600ft elevation down to sea level, with the quadzilla rather than edge. I can't wait to get rid of the Lowend black smoke. With the trucks shift points up in the 2k range and no more stack shift after Firepunk bent the TV bracket at the trans to put a little preload on the cable / tv lever arm, and the low elevation, and the phenomial injectors from F1 Diesel, the truck is begging for some cleaner tunes to be a real street machine. Too bad it still has a hard shift every once in awhile. It's still a 1998 but she runs alright. Quad was on lvl0 whilst towing. I assumed that would retain stock timing.

Edited by rogerash0

the base flash is just hte 2.7 we have hosted here,  then you apply the custom tune to the iquad app and that tune writes the values to the base flasht o change it how you want it.  

I would ensure you are running the 2.7 I posted not to long ago.  when did you flash it last?

Just the other wk right before I left. I left on like the fourth so I may have flashed on the first.

I just haven't seen an import function in the iquad app for the tune. I'm running the $50 Amazon fire tablet as a readout which I didnt realize didn't have the andorid app store. But app from phone to pc to Amazon fire did the trick.

Very well, thx for your good work.

Pic of the rig just for grins. Almost as long as a semi.

https://i.imgur.com/v0rdnLL.jpg

-----

Synopsis of custom tune import video:

The custom tune is a file type associated with the iquad app that when opened on your phone or tablet with quadzilla software, is auto imported & lands on a screen where the tune name can be set.

--

Hey man all I see are tow tunes and race tunes for large injectors. What's the equivalent of a twin  turbo large injector daily tune? Tow tune I assume? I like how u have the emissions tune on there. Thx for your contributions.

Just found the descriptions, jumped the gun." Large Injector Extereme tune"

Sounds like what I want. The thought of full throttle pedal capability off idle like the description says has me wildly facinated. I've never had that feature on my truck before. It had an edge jwa on it when I bought it.

Edited by rogerash0

Your large injector extreme  tunes run great, I'm very impressed. My truck no longer haze's white smoke bad at lights when it's cold. My oil pressure when crusing the hwy in 3rd locked at 1900-2100rpms 55-62mph is 54-60psi. I'm starting to think that's making oil seep by the seals in the turbos. John at Pusher Intakes reached out to bullseye about a rebuild kit and oil restrictor fittings and he came back saying the turbo uses a hard faced seal that uses oil tension to seal, so he doesn't think a rebuild kit will fix my problem. I'm surprised my truck smokes less with your tunes , given that the idle speed hasn't changed. Any thoughts? 

Ican still make a nice black haze as I take off if I'm not dainty on it, but when I'm hazing I'm making nice power. Im at sea level now, I saw the water today. I was squealing the tires quite loudly and ended up killing the motor from getting out of it too quick. Had just unloaded the truck in an effort to clean it and had no 19mm. Luckily stores were just a ten min walk away. Still the truck wasn't in a good spot stuck in a lane of traffic. The tunes are on 3 for now, they were on 5 at the time. After I get used to things and see what max EGT is and such I'll step it up. For now it's a lot of truck :) Thanks again. There's a slight stumble off idle maybe 25% of the time, perhaps when im real easy on the gas, but honestly it's incredible how well mannered and light the smoke is now. Seems like the rest of the tuners are way behind the curve. Maybe these old trucks are the ones people have forgotten about and not kept on developing, aside from Quadzilla.

On the Amazon fire the tunes file from the repository here is not a file type associated with the iquad app like it is on my phone. The open with menu doesn't have "other" like it would on a windows computer. I have a file manager app that I use to import the quadzilla app from the Android to the Amazon fire tablet, and it's open menu is long and exquisit, but even it doesn't have non-default Amazon fire programs. I'd have to replace the music exe file with the iquad app to trick it into running the iquad app when I select music or what have you. For now since I can pull up all your settings & Import the tunes on my phone, I can go the long way on my tablet and manually input everything.

Quadzilla, if your listening, why is there no Import or export button?

Also what's the deal with the data logging, I see export but does that export the last 24 hrs or? I don't see a start & stop button like the edge had. The stats it shows right now after I hammered around town today have to be off, it shows a Max of 1150 egts & 24psi of boost.

I must say Quadzilla if your listening, I have a 7" display and the power +/- buttons are quite small and hard to hit whilst driving.Same with the sensor icons, they're mighty small and the menu can be hard to bring up whilst driving. Holding them to see their description is a real task whilst in motion, too.

Edited by rogerash0