• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rear air bags for 1999 2500

There are certain bags that are made to mount over your factory overloads. I don't remember which, but if you call the manufacturer of the bags, I'm sure they can give you the right part number.

As for the GN hitch, the only solution I have found includes cutting the bag mount and modifying it to work.

AFAIK there are no bags that mount to the axle like the 3rd gen bags do.

• Like 1

• Staff

I just bought a truck that had air bags with the goose neck hitch. They had the air bags that mount over the overload springs and the top air bag mount was welded to the goose neck reinforcement frame. If I remember right the upper air bag mount used the same bracket as if mounted to the side of the frame only it was welded to the G/N frame.

• Like 1