• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

steering damper

Killer223

Well i contacted Amazon, told them of the double shipment, they tell me i'm mistaken, that you can only print a shipping label once. UPS confirmed, only one label was printed. Yet, I have two boxes, two identical labels. They tell me they will look into it but that likely nothing will come of it.

it's bloody heavy, so i'm not sure what shipping would be.

as for the pitman arm, i'll gladly throw it in a box and send it where ever, just cover shipping.

2 hours ago, Killer223 said:

Well i contacted Amazon, told them of the double shipment, they tell me i'm mistaken, that you can only print a shipping label once. UPS confirmed, only one label was printed. Yet, I have two boxes, two identical labels. They tell me they will look into it but that likely nothing will come of it.

I like when someone tells you it is impossible and you are standing there with your hand on the impossibility. That kind of thinking is good for flushing money down the toilet. 

2 hours ago, Killer223 said:

it's bloody heavy, so i'm not sure what shipping would be.

as for the pitman arm, i'll gladly throw it in a box and send it where ever, just cover shipping.

I'll take the whole box and arm then if that's ok. . Let me know if you need to wait or finalize it. We can share contact info.

well now comes the moral dilemma. the vendor informed amazon of the mistake, amazon tells me they will like to give me a RMA shipping label and they cover the cost.

i have not accepted the deal, they had wording of canceling my amazon account. and charging my CC for the merchandise.

my rebuttal is their mistake, so i've yet to decide. Wife says send it back.

Unless I missed something in this thread, I say just send the extra parts back.  Even if you take both packages and pick out the best of all the parts and then box it back up.  But dont try to keep it just because someone screwed up.  I give you kudos for even telling them as most people probably wouldn't have..... :thumbup2:

i never opened the second box. i do believe in Karma,

I'd really hate to think that some one gets fired for double shipments, maybe it was shift change, anyhow, someones books are going to be off. ergo, someone might loose their job. all because i was greedy and decided to keep a 300$ part.

then my thoughts spin outa control. what if he was newly married, or just had a kid, or who knows.

so i'll let amazon know i'll use the RMA free shipping tag, and request a pickup at my house.

The new pitman arm was part of a separate order, so i'll sell that off cheep.

Oh and NEVER go to BigOTire for any alignment, i went there Friday before my road trip, asked for a toe adjustment only.

and of course i needed new ball joints, that i didn't do, so of course they wouldn't warranty the alignment sense i didn't do the ball joints. Well the truck was road happy, liked to wander, so after about 220 miles i stop at a ace hardware buy a socket tool, and added some tow, road wonder went away, still had slight cases of Death Wobble, 

after getting home, i get out my jack stands and string, and start measuring, toe is ok after i adjusted it, i checked the caster, and it was WAYYYYY off, the ball joints were almost up n down, SO i crank it back some, lean the axle back a few degrees, all is better in my world, no DW, truck drives much better.

Dont pay shops to align your vehicle unless its lifted to the point of pushing OEM component angle limits, or if you think there's other potential issues like rear thrust angles or maybe somethings bent. These trucks are very easy to align.....  You probably could comb through YouTube and find videos which would simplify the process.

Yeah definitely send it back, always better. I wouldn't want to chance anything on my accounts. 

As as for alignment I have tried various shops over the years as I like to see the system in use and the print out of all specs and the actual findings. If you find a shop that will do that and explain things for a good price then it is worth it.