• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Long list of voltage codes

Hopefully I can get some clarity from you all, as I have been scratching my head.

I have been posting on other sites throughout the years and have had good luck, but seems like this is the place for good electronics info.

Truck info:

2002 2500

6 speed

Smarty

FASS

4" Turbo Back

Prodigy Brake Controller

BHAF

List of codes from Smarty

P0121

P0122

P0123

All APPS voltage codes, but I am getting high and low voltage codes :think:

P0177

WIF

P1475

P1480

Aux 5 Voltage high and low

P0342

P0342

Camshaft Position Sensor High and low

P1693

Companion code

P0500

No vehicle speed sensor

P0462

Fuel Sending unit voltage low

I am experiencing Dead pedal, surging and bucking while driving. Starts right up every time, but even at idle it has a mind of its own and revs up and down on its own.

The WIF dash light comes and goes when it's acting up or idling fine. The cruise light comes on and off as it's idling or driving. The most recent time the check gauges dash light came on.

I replaced my APPS sensor 2 years ago, about 20k miles ago when I was trying to diagnose issues. It was the VP44, so I replaced that. It has been running great since then, until now.

I have reset the APPS sensor with no luck.

I don't have the P0606 code for the ECM, but still seems like that may be the cause.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Mine ECM went with the same symptoms and no 606 code. Many high and low volt codes, engine surging while out of the cab, temp gauge would sometimes peg from cold start in seconds and other anomalies. Have you checked for AC voltage out of your aternator? 

5 hours ago, Red952 said:

Alternator is reading 14.05V. 

I will start going through the sensor plugs. Would one sensor gone bad cause all these codes though? Seems odd that several of them would go bad all at once. 

AC voltage is what I was speaking of. 

Mine was fine one day and the next it all went whacky just like yours. I could not believe that all my sensor and what have you all went bad at once either. I was pretty sure it was the ECM. But since I am a member of the electronically challenged club I could not be sure. I did some diagnostics and every thing I did said this or that sensor was bad, the instrument cluster failed, and not sure what else, it has been 8 years or more. I swapped in a couple of the less expensive sensors and an instrument cluster I got at a junk yard to no avail. An ECM is what fixed mine.

With that being said I would listen to what some others have to say. It is easy for me to spend your money and I dont want to lead you down the wrong path. I spent 2 months trying to figure mine out before I pulled the trigger. I am not sure anyone even here can or will say it is definitely the ECM. I did everything I could to avoid the dealer due to the cost. Not even sure you can get one from them anymore. You could call some and see if they can diagnose the ECM or not. A step I wish I had taken.