• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Scumbag Shop

man...i'm sorry to hear that(my wife is too). if the guy didn't know what he was doing, he should have just turned you away. if they are that dirty they may not even call you back for the canceled payment.i hope you have some good luck come your way...but i'm beginning to think if it was for bad luck you wouldn't have any.

Not sure if I would want that shop touching my truck EVER again. You might be better off repairing it yourself or a trusted source of help, friend, etc. No point in giving them another opportunity to do more damage to your truck. :2cents:

Hey Michael, do they have an award for the worsed luck cummins section? Shop called late yesterday wonts me to call between 8:00 and 8:15 said he has news on my truck. Looking for a little smiley face that sweats bullets, hmm dont see one.

• Owner
:gun::sofa: that's as close as I get... Well like the shop that did my front axle bearings. After it was all said and done the the mechanic screwed up the ABS sensor and go the front axle seals leaking. In a nice and calm manner I requested to have these problems dealt with on there nickle. They did... I had 2 brand new ABS sensor install corrected one problem and then I was sent to another shop to have the seals replaced. The only thing I invested was the time to drive down and the fuel (180 miles 1 way for 2 trips). So needless to say yes a front bearing job endup costly me about $1,100 bucks but the truck was repair to my specs again! Yes I still do business with the orignal shop (Big 0 Tires - Ontario, OR). The guys are great people! :thumbup2: So there is my story...

Hey Michael, do they have an award for the worsed luck cummins section? Shop called late yesterday wonts me to call between 8:00 and 8:15 said he has news on my truck. Looking for a little smiley face that sweats bullets, hmm dont see one.

I think I miss read or miss understood your intial post. The shop called you to tell you that they broke the #6 injector line? If that is the case, at least they were honest and were straight up with you about it. "Sheet" happens sometimes. Sounds like they are trying to make it right.

Sorry I should have made it a little more clear. The call I am waiting on is the shop that can fix my truck, the shop that broke the line has no clue as to fix truck the truck, and have not heared a think from them. They will call when the credit card is canceled.Credit card cancel is weird first it goes in there acc. then it is taken out and a notice is sent. I like it though it makes them feel like they got away with breaking your part, then the fun starts with making both sides happy and one is usually not happy.

:gun::sofa: that's as close as I get... Well like the shop that did my front axle bearings. After it was all said and done the the mechanic screwed up the ABS sensor and go the front axle seals leaking. In a nice and calm manner I requested to have these problems dealt with on there nickle. They did... I had 2 brand new ABS sensor install corrected one problem and then I was sent to another shop to have the seals replaced. The only thing I invested was the time to drive down and the fuel (180 miles 1 way for 2 trips). So needless to say yes a front bearing job endup costly me about $1,100 bucks but the truck was repair to my specs again! Yes I still do business with the orignal shop (Big 0 Tires - Ontario, OR). The guys are great people! :thumbup2: So there is my story...

sounds to me, that they made everything right. i would still do business with them myself. but i know at those git in and git out places they sometimes "forget" to do some of the things you pay for. and it seems the filters they use are smaller then the auto part stores filters. i prefer to do my own maintenance now(now learning repairs,that is a different beast!)

I think I miss read or miss understood your intial post. The shop called you to tell you that they broke the #6 injector line? If that is the case, at least they were honest and were straight up with you about it. "Sheet" happens sometimes. Sounds like they are trying to make it right.

i don't know how business is where your from but in this neck of the woods...they just add that to list of everything that they fixed. ohh don't have the money, mechanics lean on your vehicle, now you have so many days to come up with money for repairs which were not agree to, plus storage fees. i have yet to find a shop(admittedly there are a ton still to try) that would admit they broke something. heck...most of them the guy behind the counter never even seen the repair being made. i don't believe everyone is dishonest, they just work at shops i cannot afford, or don't live in tulsa(i'm not sure which)

I've always had bad experiences with "mechanics". It always costs 3 times what it cost me to fix it, and they always seem to cut corners, or break something else. I worked for a mechanic for two weeks as a teen. This guy routinely broke stuff then quipped. "Well, guess they needed on of those too." Back in my GM days, I replaced lower ball joints 2 years in a row. It would have been 3 years in a row, but i bought the GM factory service manual, and found out that the Lower ball joints on my Jimmy always have a little play in them, up to 1/8th inch is good! After that I took my Chevy to the GM garage for annual inspection thinking maybe these guys were a little more professional. NOT!!!, I watched the mechanic through the glass to see how he checked the ball joints, and if he was going to try to get me on ball joints as well. The first thing that SOB did was take a utility knife and cut the boot off the lower ball joint so that he could get his pry bar in there. I FLIPPED. I went into the shop yelling WTF!! I grabbed the boot off the floor and screamed "why the hell would you cut this off?" He said it was ripped. I twisted and turned that boot every which way til Sunday, the only thing wrong with it was the nice fresh clean knife cut that he made. I told him "Inspection's over, get my GD vehicle off that lift. I went into the service managers office and raised some more hell. He said he'd have the mechanic replace the part for free. I told him the mechanic was not to even touch my truck again. Just give me the GD part and I'd do it myself. Ever since then, I try to avoid ever letting a mechanic touch my vehicles. I cringe every time I have to leave it in the hands of an inspection mechanic.

I've always had bad experiences with "mechanics". It always costs 3 times what it cost me to fix it

i'm sorry to hear your luck with folk. i do not believe that all mechanics are bad. it only takes a couple bad apples to spoil the barrel. as far as cost goes, you have to remember that professionals have to have specialty tools and equipment that cost big $(as a cable contractor i'm in the same boat), because those aren't the shops tools. not to mention that student loans for education.

they always seem to cut corners, or break something else. I worked for a mechanic for two weeks as a teen. This guy routinely broke stuff then quipped. "Well, guess they needed on of those too."

i'm sorry you(and i) have only delt with slime. my grandfather is a mechanic(and a good one). many mechanics tell you that "shop time" isn't really how long it takes. but his outlooks was if you finish much faster than "shop time" than you probably over looked something. he is so meticulous that dealerships that cannot figure out problems send cars to the garage he works at. he was one of Oklahoma's first mechanics "certified" in hybrids. sadly, he is retiring. he always has been spot on for help(but doesn't wanna do it for you).

Ever since then, I try to avoid ever letting a mechanic touch my vehicles. I cringe every time I have to leave it in the hands of an inspection mechanic.

i typically feel the same way, thank the lord OK doesn't have annual vehicle inspections!