• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

lights flickering, gauges going screwy and engine running rough at idle?

I have a 2001 Dodge 3500 and this thing has got a few issues. My lights are flickering at idle and the truck is running rough. Also my gauges the volts and temp gauge will go to zero then come back either by shutting the truck off or just driving it and coming back up mysteriously??:ahhh: I have done the external voltage regulator swap and it help for a couple days, but then starting acting up. I know its not a ground issue because I have checked and rechecked them. The batteries are brand new as well a the alternator and they were both checked again to be sure. What do you guys think? Maybe the PCM crapping out?:think: The only codes on the truck that I had was PCU 1594/1693 and ECU 0177/1693. The ECU one I think was because when I washed the dang thing the circuit that is hanging from the old fuel pump got wet. Oh and the IP pump is a new rebuilt one also and I checked for wires being shorted and nothing. Well let me know what ya think.:pray:

Thanks for your time!!

Steve