• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok so I tested and got 12.47 volts on the tap wire. Now I noticed this morning on the way to work that it has even less power than yesterday. This is a Hot unlocked Juice on level 6 so it’s really weird. Another thing I mashed it and couldn’t get more tan 20 psi of boost. Also the edge has not boosted my fuel mileage by mire than .2 miles per gallon!!?? What next?

• Owner

Something to try...

Edge Bug - Make sure to adjust all sublevels the same. So go back through each main level and adjust the sublevel to be the same across the board. So if your hot unlock level 6 is set for sublevel 5 then make sure all sublevels are set to 5. So what can have like on my Edge Comp Main Level 4 with a sublevel of 1 can pull main level 5 with a sublevel of 5 down to act like a sublevel 1. 

Alright I’ll try that And I’m gonna reset the apps after work. Anything else? I don’t know if this has anything to do with it but it barely smokes at all which I like but I have talked to several guys and they said they could fill a bus stop on level 6. Maybe that’s because I have stock injectors?

• Owner
Just now, Marcus2000monster said:

I’m gonna reset the apps after work.

If you got to reset the APPS you have an AC noise issue. The only time you should have to do that is if you unhook the battery. If your constantly doing it you have a AC noise issue which is fouling the data saved on the ECM.

2 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Maybe that’s because I have stock injectors?

Good bet stock injectors don't flow much fuel just stepping up to RV275 will typically start to smoke a bit without a tuner. 

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

If you got to reset the APPS you have an AC noise issue. The only time you should have to do that is if you unhook the battery. If your constantly doing it you have a AC noise issue which is fouling the data saved on the ECM.

Well I did unhook my battery’s when ininstallled rhebtuner and didnt reset the apps afterwards. But the lack of power wasn’t there at the time. It defiantly was fast when I first installed. 

Good bet stock injectors don't flow much fuel just stepping up to RV275 will typically start to smoke a bit without a tuner. 

Thats funny cause when I had the edge ez it would roll coal like crazy and I hated it! :think:

So the splitter would be to run the live data and edge monitor at the same time? 

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Just need a live data tool and OBDII splitter cable. Monitor the boost signal and see if the boost rises above 20 PSI. If it does then the boost fooler on the Edge Juice is defective and the ECM is taking over and defueling to prevent a P0234 code. 

My obdlink will work right? Thanks!

• Owner

Yes sir. Actually the data for the boost is not over the OBDII port for the Edge it comes from the CANBus under the hood. But we are going to use the OBDII port to monitor the boost value with a live data tool. The problem is that Edge Juice gets it power from the OBDII power so it has to remain connected. 

One of the few pleasure I like about Quadzilla there is nothing in the cab but 1 wire. Everything is kept under the hood. 

5 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yes sir. Actually the data for the boost is not over the OBDII port for the Edge it comes from the CANBus under the hood. But we are going to use the OBDII port to monitor the boost value with a live data tool. The problem is that Edge Juice gets it power from the OBDII power so it has to remain connected. 

One of the few pleasure I like about Quadzilla there is nothing in the cab but 1 wire. Everything is kept under the hood. 

I got you on that one! :thumb1:

I plan to get another qaud as soon as o can sell my Juice! I got to track down my issue first though... any idea where I can get rid of my Juice? It’s brand new only had for 2 weeks! It sucks compared to qaud! Lol

I have said this on a few occasions, but I think the "edge sucking" is not related to the edge.  You have said bad things about every tuner you have had in the last month.   this makes me think something funky is up with the truck.  The quad and edge should feel nearly the same on a stock injector truck.

I would slow down and figure out what is causing the issues.   

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

• Owner

I'm just as baffled. If there is 12V present on the tap wire and the if boost signal is correct and not out of rane then there is no reason why the tuner shouldn't work. The only thing else is the CANBus port but I've got no idea how to test for that one. There isn't much to a tuner. All 65 HP tuners use the CANbus for data. All tuners larger than 65 HP use the CANBus and the wire tap. Then the power is based off of boost pressure seen but the MAP sensor and then fooled to the ECM to prevent over boost codes or defueling. 

5 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I have said this on a few occasions, but I think the "edge sucking" is not related to the edge.  You have said bad things about every tuner you have had in the last month.   this makes me think something funky is up with the truck.  The quad and edge should feel nearly the same on a stock injector truck.

I would slow down and figure out what is causing the issues.   

That is what I’m working on! 

I ordered a new map sensor from Geno’s so I’m hoping that will maybe help something. As far as testing I did the p0237 testing last night and measuring the resistance between ground and pin no 2 I couldn’t get it to read. Same with no 2 and no 3 on the mapnharness. Suggestions?

Get a live data tool on the truck, clear codes, take the truck out and drive it hard.  You should see boost max out at ~14 psi on the live data tool.    If you see more than that then you know the boost fooler circuit it not working.  

• Thanks 1

• Owner
35 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Just need a live data tool and OBDII splitter cable. Monitor the boost signal and see if the boost rises above 20 PSI. If it does then the boost fooler on the Edge Juice is defective and the ECM is taking over and defueling to prevent a P0234 code. 

I've mentioned that too...

7 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Get a live data tool on the truck, clear codes, take the truck out and drive it hard.  You should see boost max out at ~14 psi on the live data tool.    If you see more than that then you know the boost fooler circuit it not working.  

Turn off the tuner to do this? 

leave the tuner on.  Key on, 

What does boost read at idle? 

Next take it out and drive it hard?  Does boost increase or decrease in a way that makes sense?    The boost fooling on an edge limits boost output to the ecm to ~14 psi.  

10 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Far better off to use a live data tool that can see boost and watch to see what the MAP sensor is doing. Randomly buying sensors rarely does any good. Best to have some sort of test data to prove the sensor failure. 

I don’t think my obdlink watches the map does it?

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

leave the tuner on.  Key on, 

What does boost read at idle? 

Next take it out and drive it hard?  Does boost increase or decrease in a way that makes sense?    The boost fooling on an edge limits boost output to the ecm to ~14 psi.  

I’ll have to drive it later but the monitor has been reading 0 psi at idle which is correct right? It limits the boost to 14 psi over stock eastegate setting or total psi?