• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

buffed my old headligts

I had a 35 year old, dried up can of #7 heavy duty Rubbing Compound I used on a old cotton sock with a little water to hand buff my factory original head lights on my '99's oxidized and yellowed lenses

No sanding with any wet or dry of various grits, No electric drill or elec buffer. no masking off the fender etc in-case the elec buffer went wild.

Just the compound.and a piece of cotton sock and a few minutes of elbow grease

Its pretty abrasive stuff so I never tried it before.

It worked great, hand buffed maybe 3 minutes per side. Them washed off with a soft brush and water hose.

Nice and clear no yellowing or oxydation

No they arent $700 HIDs , But the lenses look crisp and clear now, Plus I have a new ECM and my truck is running great ! :thumb1:

no-7-rubbing-compound-10-oz-20.png

Edited by GSP7

• Staff
11 hours ago, dripley said:

The new ECM is clouding your thoughts Rick. Everything is better when the truck

runs right. Just kidding of course.

The best part is when you vacuum and clean up the inside too.... and take the lady out for dinner.:thumb1: