• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Cruise control intermittantly cancels itself

Just got home from a 3700 mile vacation with my 05 and It has an annoying issue with the cruise control that I have never noticed before.It will out of the blue just kick out. no rhyme or reason. sometimes it will go almost an entire day and only do it once and the next day it will kick out evey 10 miles and then just come out of it. It doesn't turn off or loose memory it just cancels like i stepped on the brake. if I hit resume its back to normal. Brake pedal is up all the way and the p-brake pedal is up also as I checked that the first time it happened. It is so extremelly intermittANT that it would be a hard one to figure out I think. Road conditions and temp did not seem to be a factor. Anyone ever run into this issue?

I have never had that issue... Since the CC is all ECM controlled and actuated on the 05 I would start with what normally cancels it.. bad brake switch or faulty cancel button would be where I would start.

Makes sense to me!!!:smart::thumbup2:

• 9 months later...

Nope I bet you will find your main wiring harness behind the knee bolster is shorting out. Remove the knee bolster then remove the harness on the steering column and look for this. Note this is on the Ing. switch

Posted Image

The issue is if you use your tilt wheel a lot the 12 AWG wire connectors start to become lose and start arcing out causing an interment connection. Mine would cut the blower motor out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you do find it is the harness there is a kit out to repair it, you get a new connector all the wires about three feet long, heat shrink and splice connectors. You will most likely need a new ignition switch also. Good luck, it took the dealer 4 hours to do mine and after pissing and moaning :ahhh::cry: I got Chrysler to cover the whole cost. :hyper: Don