• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Buying OEM Parts online

Bobalos

Good afternoon folks,

I need to by a cycling switch for the AC for my 99 (and it would appear a injection line for #3.  :( ).  There are a bunch of places online that have their little look up tool & they all say that they have good prices, but I have NO idea where to even start.  First off none of their websites say if they have the part in stock, and some of them dont even say what state they are located in.  A bunch of them are located in the eastern time zone, which is not of itself a bad thing, but........ trying to be cost conscious on shipping, I would prefer to find someone here on the west coast or @ least in the pacific time zone......... 

So........ any suggestions??? 

thanks

Bob

• Owner

As for the pressure switch for the air conditioning I would suggest just going to a local NAPA and picking it up for chep at around $20 dollars. Most all auto parts stores will have the A/C switch. The lo pressure is on the accumulator can at the firewall this one is what turns on the system but be sure there is pressure in the system and you don't have a leak before changing this switch. I've seen that a few times in the past people blame the switch when there is no freon in the system to trigger the switch on. High pressure cut out is a safety switch to stop the compressure if the pressure gets too high. Both switches are wired in series so both switches have to have zero ohms for the compressor to start. 

As for the injector line I would call DAP and ask one of them if they can get the injector line for you. Another place would be look up a Cummins dealer but you know the prices might be a bit high. 

thanks for the suggestions!!

I went by the AC place today & he diagnosed it (by smacking it with a flashlight, LOL).  it is the one on the firewall.  He said that he has had issues with the Napa ones off & on over the years, but has never had an issue with the OEM ones. 

There is a cummins place here in town, I will give them a ring.  IIRC, they are $50 or $60 EA.  I over torqued 2 of them the first time I put injectors in this.  not sure why this one is leaking.  I guess I could have done it again....... 

I would like to know of an online source I can rely on to get OEM dodge stuff......

Bob

• Owner

Could be the o-rings on the connector tubes. If they are damaged they will weep fuel out. Injector line will spray with force if it leaking. Personally, I try and stay away from Dodge dealer parts and some Cummins parts. An example I called Cummins for 6 connector tubes for my truck and the price was quoted $600 for all six connector tubes. Drop them like a bad habit and called Vulcan and got them for much much less. Dodge dealer isn't much better on stuff I was attempting to replace my exhaust brake vacuum valve and was quoted $1,100 for the valve. I told them to forget I can replace the entire exhaust brake for cheaper. I ended up making a part for the valve is still in service. Just like Cummins thermostats nearly $100 bucks where I've been running NAPA t-stats for years no issues. As for the A/C parts, I sell a lot of NAPA A/C stuff being I've been doing A/C work locally for 7 years now. Rare to see a switch even fail.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1