• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

what year?

04dodge

I have an 04 or 04.5. How do you tell for sure? I have a silver sticker on to valve cover that has HP. some where I saw if my motor has an apps by the intake horn it is an 04 now I'm confused what is right? the date made is 02/04 any help would be greatly appreciated

If it is an 04.5 it will show 325 hp on the engine sticker. if it shows 305 or 315 can't remember right off exactly it is an early 04. Next years models do start during the prior year but they always make the next years upgrades during mid year runs and nobody has figured out why but Chrysler has done this forever.

Probably a lot easier to get the new stuff going in summer rather than any other time of year. Doubt they would want to chance all their new tooling on winter roads either. All I can think of anyways :shrug:

• 8 months later...
  • Staff

04.5 was the last year of the traditional APPS. The 05+ trucks integrated the APPS into the pedal, its still called an APPS.. but not what people think of when you hear APPS. Technically there isn't a TPS, just an APPS. TPS's were on 12V trucks.

04.5 was the last year of the traditional APPS. The 05+ trucks integrated the APPS into the pedal, its still called an APPS.. but not what people think of when you hear APPS. Technically there isn't a TPS, just an APPS. TPS's were on 12V trucks.

Thats why the industry is trying to standardize from automotive to over the road trucks to heavy construction/ag equipment. Too many trems for similar things. Heavy equipment, trucks, ag calls anything integrated into the accellerator pedal as a TPS. never been anything known as an apps in anything but automotive that I'm aware of. Not sayin there isn't I just have not seen it. Main reason is that the throttle is not always an accelerator pedal. There are numerous ways of controling the throttle on many different types of equipment. A Hand throttle in handicap package vehicles are not hooked to a pedal thus throwing a clincer into the mix also, thats why TPS is a better term.