• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

363 over s475

Hey guys I got a few questions I just installed a compound turbo kit on my 2000 Cummins. My question is why does the small charger need to be set at 25 psi? The lowest I could get it with the Boost elbow is 32 psi when it starts to open, I don't think I can adjust the actuator because it does not have a nut on it. What would the harm be if I just left it at 32 psi? Thanks everybody

The wastegate is going to control how hard each turbo works.  It also sees total pressure.  So the earlier it opens, the more work the primary will do. ~32 is where mine seems to be happiest.  Good rule of thumb one you get the interstage boost gauge in is to get each turbo to be doing half the work.  

Total boost would be 30. But yes, 50/50.  And it'll be as close as you can get it. For me, light throttle cruising I'm at 5 from the primary and 10 total.  Moderate acceleration my secondary makes a few more psi than the primary.  and WOT the two are split perfectly 50/50.

So what do i do if my secondary is 30psi and the primary is say 25? What is the plan of action to get it to a one-to-one? Sorry so many questions I'm just trying to learn and I really appreciate you explaining stuff

(atmospheric pressure) + (overall boost) divided by (atmospheric pressure) = overall P/R
(atmospheric pressure) + (primary boost) divided by (atmospheric pressure) = primary P/R
(Overall P/R) divided by (Primary P/R) = Secondary P/R
(Secondary P/R x (atmospheric pressure) minus (atmospheric pressure) = Secondary Boost

12+60/12=6

12+30/12=3.5

6/3.5=1.71428

1.71428*12-12=8.57136

These are Trevors numbers. Secondary pr is low. Be nicer to see it closer to 2.

• Thanks 1

So i got the bung and gauge done for the interstage boost..can i do the numbers for where the truck will spend its time towing?if so total boost is 30 and primary is at 13-14psi...or does it need to be full throttle run?

So heres the math at utah 14psi ( atmo)

30+14÷14=3.14 (overall)

14+14÷14=2 (primary)

3.14÷2=1.57 ( secondary pr)

1.57×14-14=7.98 (secondary boost)

Edited by Jonny
Did math wrong ha ha