• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

crazy fuel pressure & engine speeds

beren

• Owner
23 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

What this means is that if you have larger tires and a corrected speedo via programming, you will probably never have the right trans slip ratio or gear, but the MPG calcuations should still be close. 

235/85 R16 vs 265/75 R16 which is 1mm taller and 2 Rev/Mile less. But +3 MPH off at 65 MPH ??? Hua? Manual Transmission no slip...

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I'm noticing is the speed sometimes jumps around. Like it'll  jump 3 to 10 miles an hour high and then come back down. This is with smooth study acceleration also

Edited by beren

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2018 at 9:04 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Nope, the water hammer killed the fuel pressure sensor. You'll need a new fuel pressure sensor and relocate the sensor away from the VP44. This is one reason my fuel pressure sensor is mounted near the ABS module this gives over 6 feet of tube run away from the VP44 and pulses fade with distance. I'm sunning an ISSPro snubber and a needle valve which the needle valve has no purpose other to close the line if a leak occurs. 

So what did you do to move it, just get some ends and a length of fuel line? Do you think a small line would help to even out the pulses since it would stretch/absorb more? I just ordered a new sensor, gotta love eBay sales, I got 15% off :-)

• Owner
12 minutes ago, beren said:

So what did you do to move it, just get some ends and a length of fuel line? Do you think a small line would help to even out the pulses since it would stretch/absorb more? I just ordered a new sensor, gotta love eBay sales, I got 15% off :-)

iss-pro-fuel-pressure-sender.jpg.8786ebf