• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bad week

Times are tough right now, many of my friends and family are without work. My job is no different. Recently we had a huge turnover in management staff. Luckily the new manager I have isn't bad at all. One of my previous managers took on a new job and was desperate for help so I took a job there as needed in the morning. Figured I liked them as a person and didn't want to leave them hanging. Scratch someones back and they will scratch yours right? I was putting in two days a week since I work in the evening at my primary job also it was a fairly large load with a newborn and three year old at home. Till today. My phone started going off at work and I saw it was my wife. She never calls me at work so I thought it must have been an emergency. I answered just to find out she had been fired. While the circumstances are unjust what can you really do? Colorado is on the side of the employer and they can pretty much fire you for no reason as they have the at will employment law. I haven't told my wife yet but I called the manager at my "as needed" job. And agreed to cover more a.m. shifts. I am going to be working there and then in the evening at my other job. Total time is 17 hours a day, 6 days a week. I figure our income will exceed just her and I working because I make quite a bit more per hour then she did. Nothing I haven't done before but I didn't have kids or a wife then. Kinda sucks because I enjoy spending time with my kids.I just keep trying to think one day things will turn around, seems like we just get dealt one blow after another. I suppose it could be worse we could both be unemployed without any cash flow.Well just thought I would rant.

Was this yesterday? I deemed yesterday the worst day in a long time for a number of reasons. Guess it was universally bad. Things will get better though. Your really lucky that you can even work more hours, most employers around here hardly let you work 40 any more. Maybe your wife will find a higher paying job. Just try to make the best out of it and things will naturally fall into place. Maybe Tuesday holds higher yields! :pray:

Too bad to see happening, I know working extra jobs and hours helps but you are going to suffer from burn out in a hurry working those hours 6 days a week and it could cause job performance issues at both and put you in a tight spot also. I would suggest only 5 day work weeks at those hours and save yourself and your family. Things are a booming here in ND, jobs are numerous and good pay and bennys in the skilled trade areas. I have an aunt who has lived near and around denver for 25 years and has never had a good quality secure job and still refuses to move back to ND. She ******* about the area and economy but never does anything about it.:banghead:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know how it suck to be laid off as i have been off since AUG 2008. I did go back for 2 weeks about 1.5 weeks ago, but I still don't have anything lined up for the near future. My union hall keeps telling me to hang on, it has to come back soon. My fingers are getting tired of hanging on and i don't know whats going to happen. Thanks GOD for side jobs, that's what keeps me afloat.

• Owner

Times are tough right now, many of my friends and family are without work. My job is no different. Recently we had a huge turnover in management staff. Luckily the new manager I have isn't bad at all. One of my previous managers took on a new job and was desperate for help so I took a job there as needed in the morning. Figured I liked them as a person and didn't want to leave them hanging. Scratch someones back and they will scratch yours right? I was putting in two days a week since I work in the evening at my primary job also it was a fairly large load with a newborn and three year old at home. Till today. My phone started going off at work and I saw it was my wife. She never calls me at work so I thought it must have been an emergency. I answered just to find out she had been fired.

While the circumstances are unjust what can you really do? Colorado is on the side of the employer and they can pretty much fire you for no reason as they have the at will employment law.

I haven't told my wife yet but I called the manager at my "as needed" job. And agreed to cover more a.m. shifts. I am going to be working there and then in the evening at my other job. Total time is 17 hours a day, 6 days a week. I figure our income will exceed just her and I working because I make quite a bit more per hour then she did. Nothing I haven't done before but I didn't have kids or a wife then. Kinda sucks because I enjoy spending time with my kids.

I just keep trying to think one day things will turn around, seems like we just get dealt one blow after another. I suppose it could be worse we could both be unemployed without any cash flow.

Well just thought I would rant.

Any update on this yet? :shrug:

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know how it suck to be laid off as i have been off since AUG 2008. I did go back for 2 weeks about 1.5 weeks ago, but I still don't have anything lined up for the near future. My union hall keeps telling me to hang on, it has to come back soon. My fingers are getting tired of hanging on and i don't know whats going to happen. Thanks GOD for side jobs, that's what keeps me afloat.

Amen brother... I'm in the same boat... The Computer industry is shot right now no one has $500 to $1,000 to lay down on new computer... So the autmotive repairs and doing A/C recharging is keeping a few nickles in my pockets...

Well as far as updates I managed to pull off 90hrs in one week. My wife is looking into doing photography and actually got an apprenticeship with a photographer. However she hasn't made a dime as of yet. It's really not as bad as it seems once you get used to it. However it sucks that you never have time to spend on your hobbies and what not.Hopefully sooner or later things will work themselves out and I wont have to work as much.

Shhh...

(how about $7.50 a can is what I paid for them but selling them for $9 a can)

farm supply store has them on sale for $4 a can...no limit.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

ya'll just keep praying EVERTHING happens for a reason.:)

• Owner

farm supply store has them on sale for $4 a can...no limit.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

ya'll just keep praying EVERTHING happens for a reason.:)

I wish... There is nothing out here... I've got 180 miles to go for a big town... So my local NAPA can get them for me at that price...