Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wife fueled the Truck!!

these must be full fledge work trucks with such accurate logs, i fill by the its at a quarter tank lets fill up and then add a quart of atf if my wife takes the truck/ which is pretty often/ she will say does the truck need gas and i respond no, she says ill put gas in it if i get low and i respond please dont very calmly and then it dawns on her and she pops off i mean diesel !!! i am training her her well:thumb1:

ATF.........shame on you!!!!!!:nono::nono: Let's Edge-U-Mu-Cate guys!!!!!:smart: Years ago, ATF was essentially just "light hydraulic" fluid. Nowadays with more modern AT's, the tranny's need a more "robust" ATF with all kinds of additives etc. Those "additives", are not good to burn in your engine. Others will post with more info if'n you don't believe me!!!:tongue:

• Staff

My truck isn't a work truck, I just keep silly logs :-)

ATF.........shame on you!!!!!!:nono::nono: Let's Edge-U-Mu-Cate guys!!!!!:smart:

Years ago, ATF was essentially just "light hydraulic" fluid. Nowadays with more modern AT's, the tranny's need a more "robust" ATF with all kinds of additives etc. Those "additives", are not good to burn in your engine. Others will post with more info if'n you don't believe me!!!:tongue:

I agree 1000%, modern ATF is designed specifically NOT to burn, and has a combustion temp 3-4x higher than diesel. So at low combustion temps (ie. idle, low cruise) the ATF combustion is incomplete which can lead to deposits and nasty crap on your injectors.

If your looking for more lube for your truck, not sure what year?, then look at 2-stroke for the 24V, and one of the popular diesel additives for HPCR's.

• Owner

One of those additive is a anti-scorching compound to allow the ATF fluid to take on high heat from the torque convertors. Then the fricition modifiers that help make the clutch packs stick better. Dorkweed and AH64ID ar both right ATF is NOT intended yo burn not like 1970's... Then the other problem is it dyes the fuel red which in turn might it you in trouble with Johnny Law...:rolleyes: Yes in Idaho I heard of a few random check on farm trucks... :stuned:

I would think that farm trucks would be targeted by the ball busters, since farms might just have off-road tanks hanging about. Pitty that!I have an off-road diesel (JD410) but if & when I run it, it gets the same fuel as my truck. Just too much bother for it's anual fill up. Speaking of which, it's time to start it again. I saw an off-road pump at at fuel company when I was buyng clear kero for space heaters. Colored kero clogs the wicks up when we go camping. I'd burn more in fuel, going to get it, than I would save in tax... Russ