• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

bucking in drive and OD

mossyoak71

On 4/17/2018 at 7:26 AM, Dieselfuture said:

I'm wondering if it could be an injector issue

This past weekend, I put the stock ones back in and it did it bad, then I have a set of DDP 125's and I put them in and it still did it. It only throws the one code, so I just ordered a reman ECM. All I can say is we'll see.

First and foremost let me say this site is awesome and second I'm a dumbass. So in my signature you'll see I put this motor in my F250 and had to build a wiring harness so I contacted the guy that I bought the engine from because it was supposed to come with the harness and he sent me one. Evidently it wasn't an O2 harness or a 01 so it had a crankshaft position sensor plug which is exactly like the Cam sensor plug so when I looked up the wiring to do my harness I reference what wires were in there instead of going to the 2002 wiring harness for the engine at this site. Well after ordering a computer and putting it in and still not working I decided to rip my harness completely out and print out the schematics so I could go through it. Well what do you know I found the issue I didn't have the cam position sensor hooked up so this whole time since I've been driving the truck it has never worked. Well I redone my harness, reinstalled it, and put my old computer back in.  Works perfect so now I'm stuck with a new computer or I can just send it back and lose 50%. Either way it was sort of an expensive lesson. So I guess my question is now with the cam sensor never hooked up and the ECM never reading it then how did my tack on the Quadzilla work?  Was everything based off of the vp44's own timing? Now I hope this is the last bug I've got to chase down. I've only got two other things to do and that's to hook up my AC and do the cruise control. Thanks for all the replies and all the help I really do appreciate it and my knowledge is vastly growing on this motor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1