• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Black ***** build

Thought I should start a build thread on my truck.  

Truck is a 99 ECLB DRW factory Sport pkg.

I will be replacing and upgrading the entire suspension and steering with parts from DOR LLC.  As well as a new ps pump and lines from Geno's, red head steering box, borgstein shaft, and ram rock solid bushing.

Installing a 5.9 reman from DFC diesel with upgraded Hamilton valve train, Wagler rods, Colt stage 3 cam, 7x13 sticks, II VP 44, compound turbo's and twin kit from Crazy Carl's, BD billet flywheel, Northern hi flow intercooler, Crazy Carl's intake horn and intake plate.  Everything on the engine will be replaced, new oil cooler, altenator, fan hub, fluiddampner etc.  Replacing the current Fass 95 titanium with a 150.

For the body, installed new rockers and cab corners, replaced doors with rust free southern doors, installing a rust free southern box.  Will be installing a fg visor and a fg ram air heat extraction hood.  Installing a custom grill from Karriker Customs.

• Like 1

Got the long arms and coilovers, and fox bumpstops installed.

While the engine was out replaced all the brake lines with s/s pre bent lines.  Replaced ps hoses with a kit from Geno's.  New Redhead steering box.  Replaced steering column bearing with the Rock Solid Ram bushing.  Borgstein steering shaft installed 

received_10160171908415082.jpeg

• Like 2

On 30/03/2018 at 12:27 AM, notlimah said:

Lookin good man! Wish I had the time and resources to do the same!

do you have a link to the SS brake lines?

I got them off eBay.  Think this was the seller

https://ebay.ca/usr/ss_tubes

Got my DOR steering, steering box brace, torsional sway bar, and track bar installed

20180402_133727.jpg

Edited by Tom Robarts
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Red Rambler said:

I like how this is turning out. Looking great so far. Those twins are just begging to be spooled. How did the DOR kit go on, easy? 

The Steering kit was easy. 

The coilovers need to be adjusted and everything set in the front. 

Can't adjust the ride height until I get the rear lift Installed.  

With the coilover mounts on top of the spring perch up top being bigger than stock I had to change the air intake tube and move the filter down by the altenator  

3 hours ago, Tom Robarts said:

The Steering kit was easy. 

The coilovers need to be adjusted and everything set in the front. 

Can't adjust the ride height until I get the rear lift Installed.  

With the coilover mounts on top of the spring perch up top being bigger than stock I had to change the air intake tube and move the filter down by the altenator  

Glad your parts finally showed up. It will all fit in the end, just small tweaks. You are using some quality parts for sure.

8 hours ago, trreed said:

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose the 1.10 housing for the primary?

When I spec'd the turbo's it was still being used as my work truck and tow vehicle.  That's what was recommended to me by the shop I bought the turbo's and piping kit from. 

What housing are you running @trreed, how do you like them?  Did you make your piping up or buy a kit?  Where did you end up mounting your air filter?

Edited by Tom Robarts
typo