• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

3rd gen ?

notlimah

23 minutes ago, notlimah said:

Yea I offered but he was reluctant. Maybe he’ll change his mind. While we don’t have the salt worry up here, prices has gone through the roof which is what makes buying these older trucks harder to justify.

But does it? lol 

I am going to wind up with a $30k 16 year old truck. Money has been pouring out getting this quasi where I want it. 

This is my last truck period. 

My argument....timeless lines. I equate this to the "Fall Guy truck." 

The rare times that I see that body style and it is nice, it is always followed by "Holy **** SWEET!!!" And I am eyeballing 50.

That's where these 2nd gen diesels fit. Not 2nd gen gas....diesels. And we are not alone in that sentiment.

See my post in the 2nd gen rejuvenation thread. 

But then again I am a sentimental old fart that still loves leaky T-tops, Nakamichi tape decks and Sister Christian. 

Edited by Ben
  • Like 1

• Owner
14 hours ago, Ben said:

But then again I am a sentimental old fart that still loves leaky T-tops, Nakamichi tape decks and Sister Christian.

Like my first vehicle was a 1973 Dodge Charger SE. Yeah, now you know where the "1973" comes from in Mopar1973Man. I held on to that old car till about 3 or 4 years ago. Sold it to local gent. I just didn't have the money to restore that beast. Sat under a tree for way too long and needed a lot of work to make it like it was years ago. It was a hell of a street machine back in my High School days. Street Racing usually gentleman's bets with friends. 

I'm the same way today I'm going to hang on to this truck till there is just nothing left I can do and I gotta let go. So far this truck I'm actually staying up on all the repairs and the list problems are being kept small. 

• Like 3