• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1,500 RPM band timing set up

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Now I've been listening to @Me78569 talk about bucking if the timing is too advanced for the RPM band I found a way of testing for the 1,500 band in a way. If you let the RPMs sag down below the 1,500 mark and you roll into the throttle and bucks and jerks. Then the 1,500 band timing is too high. You should test down low as 1,000 RPM really. So this brought my 1,500 RPM band down to about 13 to 14 degrees and now starting of a roll at 1,000 RPM it much smoother launching off. I've seen several tune basing the 1,500 in the 15 to 16 degree range and this on my truck produces low end bucking during launching off the clutch more so in 2nd gear launches. 

The other thing that help some is the 50% timing scaling and the 5 degrees of low boost timing reduct. This was another thing that @Me78569 bought up and I like the results of that. By 50% TPS signal your at your maximum timing again.

I know the automatics have a certain amount of slip provided by the torque converter. This works out find for then being they can get spun up easier. But us manual boys need a bit more retard in the 1,500 column to get the boost building and the power on. 

• Like 1