• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Choosing the right turbo

I actually found a diesel shop a few towns over opened this holiday weekend and believe it or not they had one. Thank God!!

It just got so dark I didn’t have time to finish it. Tomorrow is another day.

Thanks for all your help!!

• Like 3

On 5/26/2018 at 4:34 PM, dieselautopower said:

Looks like they sent the fitting common for most 12v.  24v will need a different fitting as you found out.  We include both fittings with our kits as it is a pin to find the right one when your truck is already torn apart.

Part you should need is FS-2404-06-04  Available at most hydraulic shops.  We stock a couple hundred 

Hope you receive this information early enough to get parts today!

Thank you for your help!

Edited by mopar440cu

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, ofelas said:

Hows the SXE62 working out for you?

@ofelas I also decided on the 62/68/14 SXE, it is a great turbo. You can keep the EGT’s down while towing but when you wanna get moving in a hurry that turbo has minimal lag and lights HARD. With a chip you can rip the tires loose fairly easily when not loaded. 

2 hours ago, JDHudsn said:

@ofelas I also decided on the 62/68/14 SXE, it is a great turbo. You can keep the EGT’s down while towing but when you wanna get moving in a hurry that turbo has minimal lag and lights HARD. With a chip you can rip the tires loose fairly easily when not loaded. 

I like the 14 decent spool times 

32 minutes ago, ofelas said:

Good stuff; I like 14cm/.80ARs on Pee Pump engines & overvalved engines like yours, but I chose to go with a 12cm (.70AR) on my humble VE truck ;-)

@ofelas definitely fill out your signature that will help the guys with recommendations :cool: