• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Manifold Bolts

Assuming there are 6 bolts to mount the manifold to the block ?

If so - I am missing one ....... where do I get another - local parts store carry ?

thanks

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

ok answer my own dumb question - yes it does and yes I am missing

napa doesn't have .... checking o'reilly's

Yeah - 12 :)

6 top was the ones I meant ....... but 12 total plus the ones for the turbo (4).

Seems like My#6 top one is missing - and the bottom one is also loose ........ hoping this is the cause of my 'echo' comming through my BHAF/elbow.

Found a match at lowes - but guy said it wouldn't handle the heat on a manifold - I didn't think that would be right - but last thing I want is to fight with a broken bolt in the #6 port.

So off to junk yard today and pick up some ...... gonna look around whilst I'm there and see whats what - looking for new grill also.

Picked up a new polisher last week - gonna buff the heck out of my truck and see what happens - its almost 10 years old now - but hopefully put a bit of shine back into her.

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-inch-variable-speed-polisher-sander-92623.html

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

mwaaa :banghead:

ok - 3 parts stores, 2 junk yards and eventually got the bolt at the "stealers" for $14 (with spacer).

The problem is - didn't fix my sound. :cry:

Going to have to redo the valve-lash adjustment - see if anything loose.

Any tips/ideas on how to check for a leak in the manifold ???? I guess I would have to pull it together with the turbo ? Wondering if there is a small leak/crack somewhere - either underneath or near that #6 since there was a missing bolt.

ok - 3 parts stores, 2 junk yards and eventually got the bolt at the "stealers" for $14 (with spacer).

the ford house isn't any better. but my buddy's 94 GMC 3/4ton has the cheapest price for parts.

Any tips/ideas on how to check for a leak in the manifold ???? I guess I would have to pull it together with the turbo ? Wondering if there is a small leak/crack somewhere - either underneath or near that #6 since there was a missing bolt.

that would be my thought

I am thinking what you hear is normal sounds.

yeah - except the sound definately wasn;t there before - so kinda freaking me out. taking it to mechanic monday. Tried a stethoscope - hard to distinguish sounds. Closest sound I could find was when I had it on the injector lines when it pulses. But way to hard to tell if that was the same sound or just similar. Trucks killing me. Well - whadda-ya do. Mike/W+F - why do u guys have to live so friggin far away - considered a move to MO ? We have a good baseball team :thumbup2: How about I just fly one of you out here for weekend an put you up in hotel and you just go over my truck ...... might even be cheaper for me :lmao2: :banghead: