• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Roof Issues Anyone?????

• Staff

6 minutes ago, MnTom said:

Getting better though! I can put a little weight on my leg. Hopefully soon no more knee brace or crutches. 

That's good to hear.  Don't push it.  

59 minutes ago, dripley said:

Hope you heel quicker than I do.

Why did the Chicken Man cross the street?  To get a second doctors opinion. 

1975337181_animated-smileys-smaulis-0731.gif.89e01c310f061457ed52af6c5bb0698f.gifGETTING OLD SUCKS.  I need a hip replacement...I'm waiting for them to go on sale at Harbor Freight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MnTom said:

Yeah, I am not quite as mobile as the guy in my avatar....... Getting better though! I can put a little weight on my leg. Hopefully soon no more knee brace or crutches. I bet I don't heal much quicker than you, Dripley 

My Achilles tendon separated about 5 years ago jumping up in the fifth wheel getting ready to move it to a new job. Did not have the steps out.  Felt like it took 30 minutes to crawl the 50' to the front door of my house. I am sure missing a knee is about the same amount of fun.

Back up about 30 years and I could jump of of a house with no ill effects. Man are those days gone. I dont seem to bounce as well as I did back then. 

Anyway, here is a :cheers: to a speedy recovery. Glad the new roof is working.

2 hours ago, IBMobile said:

That's good to hear.  Don't push it.  

Why did the Chicken Man cross the street?  To get a second doctors opinion. 

1975337181_animated-smileys-smaulis-0731.gif.89e01c310f061457ed52af6c5bb0698f.gifGETTING OLD SUCKS.  I need a hip replacement...I'm waiting for them to go on sale at Harbor Freight.

Cant afford the first opinion much less the second.

My younger brother had a knee replacement a few months back. I know he wishes he could of found that at Harbor freight. It is working out pretty good for him. 

Edited by dripley

Got an update. Went to Dr this morning. He confirmed what we thought  (different doc). Torn meniscus is the most likely problem since x-ray didn't see it. His advice was "Don't rush into surgery" and gave me a shot of steroids in the knee. He also said go easy on it because surgery would put me closer to replacement. Give it time and it should heal..... I hope so because I am leaving this area in about a month with plans to be back in May for a couple of weeks.

• Staff

Tore the meniscus in my right knee about 20years ago.  Had an MRI done on it.  Doc said he could go in there and clean it up.  I said thanks but we'll see what happens.  After about 6-12 month no more problems it healed on its' own.

Good Luck.    

Another update......... That shot of steroids seems to have done what I want! There is slight pain on occasion, but I can do about anything I want. Maybe it was just a tiny tear and won't be a problem to heal......... I hope. Since the day after the shot I haven't used my brace or crutches!