• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

D80 ring and pinion

Might as well plan on a new bearing set.  Timkin set from Rock Auto is about $200 too.  Only stupid thing is the kit doesn't come with the shims.  I got lucky and was able to use the factory stack and be fine.  Is it a limited slip unit? If so, might as well plan on clutches.  

• Like 1

I can tell you mine ended up costing around $1000 for parts and $100 to cheat and have a shop to replace the parts in carrier for me. I set the pinion and pattern. So $1100 for me to do just about everything myself.  Pain in the ***.  Meanwhile, I saw a D80 for sale in Nebraska for $450.  If it wasn't an open diff I probably would've gone that route.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Silverdodge said:

I took mine to a local off roading shop for rebuild 1000 with a 2 year warranty

Good call, the off road shops will be experienced in Dana axle repair. They are all the same design, from the small 30's in Jeeps to the 80's in our trucks. The Dana axles are the most difficult/complicated to repair of all axles. The GM 14 bolt and Ford 9" are the easiest, in my opinion.

11 hours ago, NIsaacs said:

Good call, the off road shops will be experienced in Dana axle repair. They are all the same design, from the small 30's in Jeeps to the 80's in our trucks. The Dana axles are the most difficult/complicated to repair of all axles. The GM 14 bolt and Ford 9" are the easiest, in my opinion.

That's what I figured