• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Need ideas..

ISX

I swear I am posting too many new threads! Anyhow, I took my seats and everything out to take out the dash and got lazy with the center console. It hasn't been in place for 2 weeks now. I slid it back in place today and absolutely hated it. I didn't realize how much easier and free my right arm was without that thing there. So I video taped what I have made so far. I need some ideas on what else I should add. I want to hear any and all ideas! I don't care what it is, I want this thing to be awesome when I am done. I don't care for an armrest part of it anymore, you go without it so long and don't even notice it, and the "open-ness" is sooo damn nice. So yeah, tell me what you think.

• Owner

Ok... My :2cents: I say make a second set of cup holder for the passengers in the back. Then you need a tall bin in the center say about 3-6 tall at the most. But then leave a bit of flat sapce for like toss coins and other small articles so your not digging in the bin. Be kind of cool to have you invert hidden under the plate some where so if you do slam the brakes the cup doesn't sloosh on the inverter... Hmm... Another crazy thought is a rocker switch panel for accessories and such...

Ok... My :2cents:

I say make a second set of cup holder for the passengers in the back. Then you need a tall bin in the center say about 3-6 tall at the most. But then leave a bit of flat sapce for like toss coins and other small articles so your not digging in the bin.

Be kind of cool to have you invert hidden under the plate some where so if you do slam the brakes the cup doesn't sloosh on the inverter...

Brakes have to work first! :lol:

Actually, never told you about this but a week ago a deer ran out in front of me on a 2 lane and of course back end locked up instantly, so I let off but it had just rained and back end was already sliding into the other lane. I got it straightened back out eventually, kinda hard at 55mph. I probably got to an angle of 30*.. Amazing how uncontrollable it is at that speed, you always think how hard can it be to just turn a little bit here and there and it will straighten out perfect, but it's next to impossible, the back end was like it was on ice. Any time you get it to stop sliding one way, it will try its best to slide the other way twice as much. Bambi made it though :rolleyes:

Hmm... Another crazy thought is a rocker switch panel for accessories and such...

I kicked the bin idea around. Still tossing lol. My truck is completely packed with crap and not sure I want another excuse to load it with more. But I will keep thinking, be nice to have a place to put papers, not sure I want it there though. Why don't our seats have pocketss on the back like fords and chevys!

Diamond plate is a little too industrial for me. Planning on just painting it then getting some kind of rubber mat that nothing will slide on to put on it.

Cup holder in back, hmm. Not sure that will work into the design. I *thought* about welding on another level for maybe the back half of the plate, maybe 8" higher than where the current plate is. Put some cup holders there maybe..

I am thinking of how to incorporate that temp gauge I just got, into it. None of my other gauges have long enough probes to work. If you only knew how I had the gauge mounted at apartment :lmao:

Good ole fashoned rectangular milk crate. I still got some red Hood crates that I liberated when I was in college. a couple of bungies & good to go! LOL! (OK, I know... nobody loves a smart *ss.)

I can see where you get that lol. Basically the same thing as what I put in :lol:. I always get in the truck and have to remember to not put things on the center console since they will just slide off, now I won't have that problem, and everything will be *easily* reachable. I think I am going to paint it, square tube the perimeter, rubberize the top, and be done with it for now, this weekend. Tired of just staring at it thinking of ideas. You guys gave me some good ideas but I have to think about how to make them look like how I want. The only drawback I can see is having to lean down to write on something. That was the only thing I liked about the stock console, though it could have been more solid for writing on. So I might have to come up with something for that. Welding on a second level thats half as long and is over the back half sounds like a very good idea. Let me work on a plan.

Why don't our seats have pocketss on the back like fords and chevys!

That's where Ford and Chevy drivers have to put the service manuals for when they repair them on side of the road! Hope that comment don't come back to bite me in the a** nest trip to town! :lmao:

Well there's an idea :lol: I cut out a hole and put a hinge on it so I can store stuff, I have yet to make a box underneath the door though, or a way to open the door. But I went ahead and painted it all up like it is. I found some really cheap thin but grippy rubber at menards yesterday. Forget how much you get but I could probably make 10 of them and it was only a few bucks. I actually have to grab it next time I run through, was just looking at all my options. Let me give the paint a few more hours then I will throw it back in the truck and you guys can see the halfway finished masterpiece.