• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tranny lunges in gear/odd shifts 40mph max

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, CDeGolier2001 said:

Truck is still down,I've traced tranny wire from harness to tranny.all in good shape no cuts or knicks. But when I unplugged main tranny plug the truck stopped wanting to jump into gear? 

Can you expand on this? 

Usually pulling the trans plug will force the valve body to run without electronics, so you should have 1-3.

If your live pressure is to high you will start in 2nd gear which will cause a dragging feeling.

Did you try to stay the truck in manual 1 position and see if it drives better, you'd have to shift to manual 2 when you hit ~15mph.

On 10/9/2018 at 10:10 AM, CDeGolier2001 said:

I checked and I have 14 volts at the wire? Bad alternator?

Which wire are you speaking of?

The alternator can produce between 13.4 and 14.8v DC normally when commanded by the PCM.

But the AC sign wave is what is of concern. Have you attempted to drive there truck with the alternator un hooked?

• Owner
1 hour ago, CDeGolier2001 said:

I have 14v at the orange/tq lock wire is that proper?

Yes. That is normal. That means the power from the Transmission relay is reaching the solenoid and the orange black is open currently. Again the only thing the PCM does is control the time at which the orange/black will ground which will lock up the torque converter. Then if it opens that connection then unlock the torque converter. As you see the alternator field wire (blue) which is the key on sense for the transmission relay to send power to the transmission.