• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well its been fun New Mexico....

Guest 04Mach1

The wife and I have decided to move back North to Colorado.

A little story of what brought us back to the town I was born and raised in..... About 14 months ago we moved to my home town to help take care of my 58 year old father that has been battling cancer. At 52 years old he was diagnosed with neck cancer which he beat with numerous chemo and radiation rounds. He remained healthy for a bit after treatment. At 54 years old he started becoming nauseated when working with his arms above his head. A trip to the doctor found he had developed lung cancer. Rounds of chemo and radiation put the lung cancer into remission. He was starting to put weight back on all was looking good. A routine full body scan at 57 years old revealed brain cancer with the prognosis of 2-3 months to live. I at this time decided to move back to NM to spend my dad's last months with him. They immediately started immuno therapy which he has responded well too and the brain cancer has shrunk considerably. 14 months later and his health is still improving every day.

Moving to New Mexico was only going to be temporary and our stay has surpassed the time I thought it would be. Now my family is trying to pressure me into buying my deceased grandmother's house that we have been fixing and living in since we moved South for a price that is over inflated and unfair for my wife and I. The economy is depressed in Grants and the politicians are only interested in bringing jobs and business into town only if it lines their pockets with green also. I've been making decent money for the area I live in but is only about half of what I was earning in Denver. With all that being said we are ready to move back to the the SE Aurora, CO area. I've got a few job prospects that will pay $40-$50 hourly that I've been in contact with in the Denver area.

• Owner

Sorry to hear about your Dad. That rough to battle cancer and keep going back and forth. Wow! I kind of understand that challenge being I'm taking care of my 82 year old Mom (MoparMom) with kidney failure. 

Your comment about the economy struck home for me. Being I travel back and forth the 3days a week to Ontario, OR I've been paying attention to the economy in all this town as watching them decline more. Like Riggins, ID is barely hanging in there and survives from tourism.

I'd love to back in full swing of doing mechanic work as I've done in the past making typically 60 an hour. Most jobs I'm turning down because of the time to do the job. Not very many mechanics out here.

On 9/23/2018 at 1:57 PM, BBHD said:

If you need any help going back to Colorado let me know. I'm back and forth every other week  :thumbup2:

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Right now I've been in search of a house comparable to the one I sold last year for under $400k which has been difficult. The logistics of getting all our stuff back to Colorado is going to be stressful. I think I'm gonna try to get the wife to down size our crap for this move. Plus I've got 4 vehicles to get back up there. 2001 Cummins, 1978 F150, 2004 Mach 1, and 2008 G6. 

On 9/23/2018 at 1:59 PM, Royal Squire said:

Good to hear your dad is getting better after such a long illness, sounds like time to move. 

We're hopeful he gets back to his old workaholic self with time. He hasn't worked in 3 years and is going bananas.

On 9/23/2018 at 3:08 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Sorry to hear about your Dad. That rough to battle cancer and keep going back and forth. Wow! I kind of understand that challenge being I'm taking care of my 82 year old Mom (MoparMom) with kidney failure. 

Your comment about the economy struck home for me. Being I travel back and forth the 3days a week to Ontario, OR I've been paying attention to the economy in all this town as watching them decline more. Like Riggins, ID is barely hanging in there and survives from tourism.

I'd love to back in full swing of doing mechanic work as I've done in the past making typically 60 an hour. Most jobs I'm turning down because of the time to do the job. Not very many mechanics out here.

I know what you mean by a town surviving off of tourism. We got historic Route 66, some ancient Indian ruins, the ice caves, a few dormant / extinct volcanoes, and a mining museum that showcases the old Uranium Mining boom days. We used to have a pretty successful biker rally but the local cops put an end to that 2 years ago because they claimed they were outgunned. Pretty much the only employment around that is above federal minimum wage is the choice of 3 prisons, city or county government, the coal mine, or 3 mechanic shops in town which I've heard one shop is just a cover for the drug trafficking that goes on.

I've grossed about $52k so far this year which is a far cry from the $90k minimum I was grossing a year in Denver plus with the shortage of normal people that I would trust in this town to babysit my kids we have been short the roughly $45k a year my wife grossed. I definitely miss the job where I could flag 70 - 80 hours a week and only work 50 or so hours to do so.

• 3 months later...

My offer still stands if you need any help getting anything to Colorado. I usually leave Wednesday mornings and come back to Albuquerque the following Tuesday. Stay there for a week and back up to Colorado.