• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

great lake states

LT smoke

I just figured out I am within a tank for several different regions :stuned: If I do 800 miles on 34 gallons that is only 23.5MPG which I can easily attain, so here is everywhere within an 800 mile radius. I know roads will screw me over a little but I can just go slower so I get over 800 on the tank.

Got to looking at it again and I am in the majority of all but 3 regions, which I still touch part of those 3. Guess I am centered in the US :lol:

Posted Image

Dang isx from the looks of it I would have to agree that you r pretty at the center of the continental states ......I know the vast majority of us get great mileage but I don't believe I get that great a mileage what's the secret?

Dang isx from the looks of it I would have to agree that you r pretty at the center of the continental states ......I know the vast majority of us get great mileage but I don't believe I get that great a mileage what's the secret?

Basically just stick to what Mike has already preached, speed kills mileage. But you also have to remember I don't have a front axle or TC or any of that.. My truck sits lower to the ground, and I have the stock 245/75 tires with aluminum wheels, so all very light. I also just drive it very easy. I made a wastegate video last week and that was the first time I have seen over 10psi in months. Might sound incredible but I don't drive 70mph. The 65mph 4 lane I drive 180 miles a week on I never break 60 on, so now 10psi sounds a little more easy to set as your max. So basically, slow down. I have done it so much I almost hate going 70+ anymore. You never realize how leisurely you can drive at 55-60 until you do it for a while then go back to 70 and find yourself having to pay more attention and hold the steering wheel tighter and everything. I never have to get in the fast lane either, so it's even more stress free lol. Get on the highway, set the cruise, keep it somewhere between the lines of the only lane you will use, easy. Now, I did read about a guy on CF months ago who was trying to get every single drop of fuel, he would push the clutch in on any downhill, shut the engine off at stoplights, everything, and he said he was getting 37 doing that. I don't really doubt him but that has got to be hard on the clutch unless he is double clutching or something. Not to mention hard on his batteries. Maybe I should try it for a tank. Mike used to have a 20mpg theory that stated it would happen if you kept it under 600F EGT and 5psi. I have found this hard to do on mine but somehow still get over 21 every time. I think 24v's can keep to that rule a little easier, so you might try that. Extra exhaust valve helps you guys get rid of more volumes of heat so you don't hit the 600 as fast. Mine has a hard time keeping it so low. I tried it and found myself going very slow up hills and hardly able to get to 60.

• Owner
post-2-138698167374_thumb.jpg I just hauled this in I cruised 55 MPH the whole way home and the pyro was running 1,000 to 1,100 the whole way home... I grimaced to even look at the SGII and it displayed 13.1 MPG (For the day) and 15.2 MPG (for the tank)... :stuned: Ugh... That hurts...:spend: But I done several good trips my best all time record is 25.3 MPG.. :thumb1: But take notice there is no entry below 14 MPG... :nono:post-2-138698167381_thumb.jpg The thing that is killing me are these 265/75 R16 Cooper STT tires they weigh nearly a extra 20 pound per wheel compared to mt 235/85 R16 which I can hit the 20 MPG as a usual thing... But my highway tires are horrid when it comes to skidding trees, and climbing offroad on even grass and weeds... :stuned:

wow thats some great fuel mileage from both of ya ..i can see where the 2 wheel drive is a big help ...but i dont think i can do with out my 4 wheel drive....i can probably stand to slow down a little ..especially after the speeding ticket i just got ....78 in a fifty-five head on at the trooper isnt a good day:nono::nono::banghead: gotta call an find out that price tag:stuned:

• Owner

Here take a look from Drag Coeffiency...

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=885

This is taking a stock 2500 or 3500 dodge truck no lift or body changes... Nor Drag Co. is .45 or so. But you add trailers, slide in camper, lift kits, etc will change the Co. number upwards rapidily. No notice the relation to speed and HP required to keep the speed. :stuned:

55 MPH they are all about the same but now increase to 75 MPH it starts to change.

The other factor here that is not being added it the frontal area which I assume stock frontal area but if you got a lift kit, leveling kit, trailers, this changes the curve really quick.

Side Note:

ISX I need you to build a Drag C. spread sheet with the graph and be able to plug in numbers... :pray:

wow thats some great fuel mileage from both of ya ..i can see where the 2 wheel drive is a big help ...but i dont think i can do with out my 4 wheel drive....i can probably stand to slow down a little ..especially after the speeding ticket i just got ....78 in a fifty-five head on at the trooper isnt a good day:nono::nono::banghead: gotta call an find out that price tag:stuned:

You realize the guys doing 55 passed you while you were pulled over :lmao: I used to drive like that all the time, but if you can force yourself to keep it under 65 or even 60 for a while, you will start to love it. Then when you hit the interstate, just doing 70 will seem like 80+. You also are able to have mileage numbers to brag about. I know you are 4x4 DRW but 20 is really not that hard. I still got over 20 on a tank with part of it racing people, even driving 100 for half an hour, but driving slow on the rest of the tank averaged it back out. I stopped racing people and doing anything like that and I don't even have to think I got under 20 because its pretty impossible when you drive like me. Oh and I make up the cost of a ticket when I do drive fast for the money I save when I drive slow, though I've never got a ticket :tongue:

lol yes isx i realize they all passed me ....the sad part is the trooper told me today that had i not been headed straight at her and scared her half to death she wouldnt have bothered pulling me over ..she thought i was going to a fire call ....untill i actually slowed down an pulled over :cry::banghead: oh well ticket was only 160.00and first one in like 10 years i figure i owe a few bucks for all the times they never caught me.......although that 160 would have helped with many things ...like say oh um a sc II or some other gauge .....or some other nice shiny object