• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wastegate spring?

remember. the spring gate isnt a new idea....plenty of them out there. finding the correct spring is key, a trip into a TSC could net a few choices. 

what needs to be stated, is if one is found or even several that work within certain ranges, something like a fish scale to determine what LBS. pull the spring is will give others an easier adventure. 

i may grab a couple my next trip, just to post up some results.

• Like 1

2000Ram2500 - if your existing canister holds boost pressures, I would simply add an adjustable turnbuckle to the existing Holset actuator.

Along with fuel limiting to your desired unloaded EGT, this would be the easiest, most cost efficient option.

It's not leaking that I know of but I'm sure being it's the factory actuator its weakened over time with heat helping it. Not that a spring from wherever wont do the same over time I just feel like a turn buckle wont necessarily help my case because it's still the same spring inside the actuator which means it's not gonna take a whole lot more to pull it past it's new tighter position. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm sold on the ease of having just a nut to tighten as opposed to having to get in there and tighten a turn buckle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...