• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

iQuad BT tablet/phone setups

1 minute ago, Unreal Summit said:

Where have u got it mounted at?

So I bolted a chunk of Steel to the passenger seat bracket.  I ran it along the floor and up.   Then I used some lacing string to tie the Tablet holder to the dash Bezel that way it doesn't bounce running down the road.  If you need help I can supply the Amazon part numbers.  PM me

Michael

Greg Vance.      That thing looks awesome.  Do you know if it can run android auto on a head unit too?     SD card slot?    How much built in memory.   And what's the power requirement for it?   Is it 5v at 2 amps or 1 amp.   I know a ton of questions but I'm gona go to a ez lynk on my 2012 and this caught my attention 

Diesel Greg, I’m going to be completely honest man, I’m not a super tech savvy dude. Haha I can tell you it has a OS like a tablet. It does have an SD card slot, though I’m not utilizing it right now. It has an app on it called auto-sleeper. When you turn the truck off it has a user defined countdown then puts itself into sleep mode. When it senses power via ignition source it powers itself back up from sleep mode. PDD offers a hard wired USB port to plug the power cable into. I powered mine off the #9 fuse from the fuse box in order to utilize the turbo timer function of the Quadzilla. I’m guessing that wired in USB port controls the rate of charge for that monitor. For what it’s worth it charges very fast. I attached some info from the GDP website. Hope this helps brother man!

8EED7014-7741-456A-BCFF-2BA97BDB0604.png

2CE28549-C0F7-4F1C-8E0A-04E57C2857C3.png

Here’s some additional info on the hard wired USB port PDD offers.

68458377-F505-421B-B21A-B9F76180E992.png

20 hours ago, int3man said:

So I bolted a chunk of Steel to the passenger seat bracket.  I ran it along the floor and up.   Then I used some lacing string to tie the Tablet holder to the dash Bezel that way it doesn't bounce running down the road.  If you need help I can supply the Amazon part numbers.  PM me

Michael

Ohh I am tracking now. I know it would take some strength to hold that thing on place! 

1 minute ago, Unreal Summit said:

Ohh I am tracking now. I know it would take some strength to hold that thing on place! 

In the Picture you can just see the black bar laying on the floor.  I tied it to the dash at the top because sticking up 12-14 in it had some whip.  I have the 2 amazon Part nujmbers, the long whip did have the clamp to work with the Tablet.  So I ended up with a long Tablet and a short "phone on a stick"! (to borrow from Jeff Dunham) 

Long Clamp Didn't fit Tablet

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071NHNGS8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Clamp for Tablet :  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0789GJ8T4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So from the seat bracket it is an L, long leg laying on the floor and short leg sticking up near the cup holder.

Michael

Greg Vance.      Thanks for that info.   I'm gona have to call the manufacturer.  Tablets do work with android auto but I can't tell if that cable is just charge or if it can send data.     I'm installing a alpine halo 9 head unit.   And it has wired Android auto not wireless.   I don't want my phone tied to a cord when it always goes with me everywhere